Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my tires today finally. They are the General Grabber AT2's (245/70/17). They touch the wheel well where the pinch weld is just slightly (a little before full lock), but not enough to actually cause a problem. The only time it would probably start to really push against it is if I'm turning at that angle and hit a curb hard enough to flex the truck.

Very happy with how they look so far, though I think the tire mounting damaged my rims slightly. I can see a partial ring on one spot where it went around the rim to lift the tire off, and there's a slight chip in another (but not where the machine would even touch it, so they were either careless or it happened outside of the shop... but I washed my car before I came and saw nothing wrong with my wheels at all). Either way, the chip is hardly noticeable and the other blemish seems to be coming off... perhaps a good wash will take care of it. The road noise is up a bit, but that's not an entirely fair judgement until they are worn in.

Quick pics:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are Ultra Maverick 17x8's w/ +10 offset.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I run 255 70 r 17 at2 Grabbers on my RR (2.5") lifted rig with 3/4 spacers and stock wheels, no clearance issues at all, AT2's finally have worn out, got 50,000 miles out of them, going to replace with 265's.

One word of advice with these tires, rotates every 6K miles and align every year, once you get a weird wear pattern they will never quiet back down to where they were when new.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The different backspacing amount acts as roughly a 1" spacer. I come darn close to rubbing in the front at about 3/4 lock. In fact I think it does touch the plastic fender well where the pinch weld is, but not enough to actually really rub.

Thanks for the tip, Mardis!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts