·
Registered
210 Posts
user keasha is the latest spammer.

·
Administrator
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Found and cleaned. And it looks like the tool is working. Spam post with no link and a little gibberish. Usually it blocks them outright, but this one got through, but with no link users are protected and the spammer failed at doing the one thing they were supposed to do :)

Kevin

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice job, We really appreciate quick help so far with this. Its nice to have the forum stay shiny.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Found and cleaned. And it looks like the tool is working. Spam post with no link and a little gibberish. Usually it blocks them outright, but this one got through, but with no link users are protected and the spammer failed at doing the one thing they were supposed to do :)

Kevin
Seems to be quite a bit better now, thanks for the attention.

·
Administrator
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hey Big Blue,

Thanks for that. Took care of them.

In future you only need to post 1 of their links as our tool affects all their postings at once.

You can also use the report post function to alert us to the spam.

Thanks!
- JB

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
Hey Big Blue,

Thanks for that. Took care of them.

In future you only need to post 1 of their links as our tool affects all their postings at once.

You can also use the report post function to alert us to the spam.

Thanks!
- JB
O.K. JB, will do.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts

·
Administrator
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
We don't have a perfect way to keep them from joining, or from posting unless we implement a post bottle neck, all new members would have to post in an intro section and be approved that way, should we go down that road?

Kyle

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
We don't have a perfect way to keep them from joining, or from posting unless we implement a post bottle neck, all new members would have to post in an intro section and be approved that way, should we go down that road?

Kyle
I think a screening process like that would definitely be a deterrent.

Any new member that was coming here to be a legitimate member wouldn't have an issue doing that.

I've seen other message boards that have that same vetting process in place.....I'd absolutely vote for implementing that Kyle.

·
Administrator
6,242 Posts
I think a screening process like that would definitely be a deterrent.

Any new member that was coming here to be a legitimate member wouldn't have an issue doing that.

I've seen other message boards that have that same vetting process in place.....I'd absolutely vote for implementing that Kyle.
Waiting for an update to see if this will actually be implemented or not.

·
Administrator
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Waiting for an update to see if this will actually be implemented or not.
Hey Big,

I have PMed you, please check it out.
I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regarding the Bottle Neck Kyle mentioned, I can set that up no problem.
I just have a couple questions first. Should we have them post in the New Members Section? New Member Section - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Or shall we create a completely new section for this?

Would one posts suffice, or should we bump it up to 2?

Richard.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts