Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the tires today. I bumped the size a bit, so I'll have to reprogram the ECM with the Hypertech to reset the tire diameter. THe new tires are Cooper ATR's in 255/75R17. I think it looks a LOT better than the OEM's with the Rocky Road 2.25'' lift.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's an older picture with the 245/65R17's installed.

And the for the question I know will be asked...

The C-8 is something my buddies cooked up to ''officialize'' the Jeep. Seems we end up coming out from the back side of KEEP OUT THIS MEANS YOU signs all too often, so the unit number on a white rig with lights etc. makes anyone assume we're power line inspectors or whatever. We've never been bothered either. :D After all, nobody other than a gov't agency buys a WHITE vehicle, right? :)

The C is my first initial, and the 8 means the XK is the 8th 4x4 I've owned.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've had some Coopers but not the ATR's. I think you'll like them. Looks good with taller tires.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Went on a day trip Saturday... and headed for SNOW!

Checked the reprogramming against the GPS... the speedometer is dead on. Love that Hyperchip reprogrammer. The old value was 28.25'', and now it's reset to 30''. That's about a 6% difference.

I LOVE the new tires. I thought I was just imagining it, but my buddy Mike mentioned the Jeep does ride nicer than before. Makes sense... there's a lot more air volume and/or rubber profile around the wheel compared to 245/65's. It must absorb more impacts than the ''fork lift'' wrap that the OEM's are. It's amazing what adding one and three quarters of an inch in diameter can do in ride and looks. :)

Funny thing about the ATR's... they're quiet on pavement, but they howled somewhat in the snow. They do grab the snow like Velcro though. :) It's fun to watch other cars slide around, while the XK acts like the road is bare and dry. :D

·
2,248 Posts
Looks good. I like the idea of the C-8. Sometimes when I am off on a forest service trail I get the same look from people that might not belong up in the mountains. I think that some think that the green is an official color also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts