Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Limited model with 5.7L. Stock suspension. Toyo HT tires stock size. Mostly a daily driver in metro Atlanta but drive mountain asphalt roads most weekends. Drive some gravel roads but not much more. What struts and shocks would you all suggest?

·
Registered
147 Posts
you looking for replacements or want to lift it also?

·
Registered
69 Posts
If your struts / shocks are shot, honestly your springs probably are too. I would recommend going with OME HD for your 5.7. It gives you factory telemetry...a little bit of a lift. Very usable on road characteristics and off.

With the OME HD you can get matched springs, shocks, and struts yes, it is a little pricier then just shocks / struts...but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
If your struts / shocks are shot, honestly your springs probably are too. I would recommend going with OME HD for your 5.7. It gives you factory telemetry...a little bit of a lift. Very usable on road characteristics and off.

With the OME HD you can get matched springs, shocks, and struts yes, it is a little pricier then just shocks / struts...but you get what you pay for.
Shocks/struts wear out much faster than springs. Sagging suspension (if that is the case) likely has more to do with worn (rubber) spring insulators.

I'm all for an OME setup, but it is not necessary if a lift is not something that the OP is after. It gives 2-3" lift btw, depending on options and MD vs HD, certainly a noticeable amount. It does in fact change factory suspension geometry and allows for less droop, as the springs are longer, and a higher spring rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts