Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys here are a few pics of my tire carrier that i had custom made by "mark" at Detoursusa.com

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like it. It looks great! Now time for a larger fuel tank? In my opinion the Commanders should have come this way with a larger fuel tank.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That thing is sweet!!
He did a great job and I like that you don't have to have a custom bumper in order to have it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently mounted my spare tire in my roof rack so I'm not necessarily looking for your hitch mount, but I did reach out to those guys and asked them about building a storage box for the empty space where the spare time used to mount. I asked them if they would work out a price if I were able to get several people on board on this forum.
I'll let you guys know what I hear back!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I like it! I've thought about doing something similar by combining a swingdown bike carrier with a tire mount, but that would swing straight back without extra modifications. I like the way your swings down to the side better.

Can you open the glass window with it in place?

Does it rattle or rock when driving?

How much was it (if you don't mind me asking)?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it! I've thought about doing something similar by combining a swingdown bike carrier with a tire mount, but that would swing straight back without extra modifications. I like the way your swings down to the side better.

Can you open the glass window with it in place?

Does it rattle or rock when driving?

How much was it (if you don't mind me asking)?
No i can't open the glass but thats how i adjusted it cause i wanted it as close as possible to the back

NO RATTLE or ROCK, it has a wedge style end like the one on the HITCHGATE plus the hole to use a locking hitch pin

it was $239 plus $70 shipping but thats to canada and he uses USPS not UPS so it was only $25 in taxes at the door.

its made by Mark at detoursusa.com they are not listed on the site yet but you just have to contact him.

·
Super Moderator
14,977 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts