Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2" Daystar lift and was wondering how bad would a Nitto Terra Grappler 265-70-17 rub with stock rims and no spacers. Anyone with this setup please post a pic.. Thanks..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pics and info, I have just about talked myself into the silent armor 255/70/17 there just does not seem to be alot of choices out there for the 255/70 tire size.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No i know what you mean. I have been looking for a while at 255/75 and their is maybe 4 tires to choose from and none with an aggressive tread. I was thinking of just going with the 245/75 as I have 1.5 inch wheel spacers anyway but we will have to see. Would like to know what the silent Armors are like though if you get them. I don't do that much off roading so they might be the sensible choice

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also looking at the 255/70/17 Hankook dynapro ATM, looks good, good reviews and cost way less than the SA. just something you could check into.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'd be much more concerned about tire rubbing then you guys ... I mean if they are rubbing on the street, what will happen when you are off road making a tight turn with the right front wheel way up on a rock :( ...

I think there would be something damaged on the Commander as well as the tire getting messed up?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been reading all over this forum about rub and I think I would be fine w/ my 2" daystar and 255/70/17, now I am not sure about stock, no lift. Could someone smarter than me on the subject confirm this. Thanks..

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I have the silent armor 255/70. I love them. I only get a slight rub with full turn and I punch the gas. I have had it off road a few times with no rubbing at all. Off road traction is good. I think they are a perfect fit for a 2" lift and medium off road stuff.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have the silent armor 255/70. I love them. I only get a slight rub with full turn and I punch the gas. I have had it off road a few times with no rubbing at all. Off road traction is good. I think they are a perfect fit for a 2" lift and medium off road stuff.

Great action shot ... thanks for the off road input.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I run Terra Grapplers on my wifes truck and Mud Grapplers on mine. I have been very impressed with the Terra Grappler. Two weeks ago I took the wife's truck on a fishing trip (40miles of dirt road). Heading out there everything was dry, heading out was a different story. We camped out and had rain all night and morning before he headed back out. Desert dirt turns to muddy clay here in AZ but nothing could stop these tires. I will have a hard time switching these to another tire for the price point. I'll see if I can post some pictures from the aftermath. I'll say this for now... The wife wasn't too happy to see her pretty little truck all muddied up... :eyemouth:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am a big fan of BFG ATs and when my stock tires wear down I will likely be putting on the biggest ATs I can find for a 2" lift and spacers with minor rubbing. ATs handle great on and off road.

-Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts