Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
265 70 17 Hankook LT A/T 10 ply's on +25 17x8.5 MB Wheels V-Drive's ---the final result

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Looks great !

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Nice job, Danny.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks you guys. I appreciate it. I like the way it's starting to look.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Looks great Danny. I installed the RC lift on my '07 Commander last week and am trying to decide what tires to put on it. Did you have any wheel well rubbing with the Hankooks?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great Danny. I installed the RC lift on my '07 Commander last week and am trying to decide what tires to put on it. Did you have any wheel well rubbing with the Hankooks?
I never had any wheel well issues, even with the stock wheels. The only issues I had were with the swaybar and the frame and the bolt (really close, despite having cut it down a little) Now, with the +25 8.5" wheels, I still have no wheel well issues, no bolt issues, no frame issues, and if I jerk the wheel hard (lean hard) or full lock while going to fast and lean, I hit the swaybar a little, albeit a LOT less than before. If I do a full lock turn to either side while driving slowly, I have no rubbing at all. You will get NO rubbing at all with 255's (had them on for a week), but they looked noticeably smaller so I just did the 265's. In any case, for the best all around clearance, I'd get a +25 offset.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is one of the finest looking Commanders I have ever seen.

Top notch.
Thank you very much! I am not satisfied yet, haha, but who is? I'd like a hitch, roof basket and at least fog lamps to start with.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Your Commander looks awsome!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I never had any wheel well issues, even with the stock wheels. The only issues I had were with the swaybar and the frame and the bolt (really close, despite having cut it down a little) Now, with the +25 8.5" wheels, I still have no wheel well issues, no bolt issues, no frame issues, and if I jerk the wheel hard (lean hard) or full lock while going to fast and lean, I hit the swaybar a little, albeit a LOT less than before. If I do a full lock turn to either side while driving slowly, I have no rubbing at all. You will get NO rubbing at all with 255's (had them on for a week), but they looked noticeably smaller so I just did the 265's. In any case, for the best all around clearance, I'd get a +25 offset.
Thanks for your response- I was considering 255's but after reading through the various posts and seeing your rig I am definitely going with 265's.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looking good!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the nice compliments on the truck. It's getting a lil' more respectable. I also got this cool sticker fron Rough Country that goes clear across the back window. It's righteous. :eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I also got this cool sticker fron Rough Country that goes clear across the back window. It's righteous. :eek:rangehat:
Post it up in the decals thread when you install it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts