·
Registered
954 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Nice, looks great!

I've got my 255/70r18's begging me to be installed in my garage. Waiting on time for the lift install... Glad to hear you have no problems with rubbing since those are bigger than mine in all dimensions.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I previously had 255/65/18. As long as your offset is correct you will have no issue. Ive had prev issues with customers 18s rubbing the fender pinch weld but they were running a high offset and wheels sat in too far.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Ya I previously had 255/65/18. As long as your offset is correct you will have no issue. Ive had prev issues with customers 18s rubbing the fender pinch weld but they were running a high offset and wheels sat in too far.
The backspacing on the wheels I picked up is 5.39" (i think offset is +9.9mm?) so less backspacing than stock wheels, which should stick out a bit more (away from the bolt). The pinchweld is a concern for me, but I can handle it if it is an issue.

Hey, what is the height of your commander from the ground? My wife and I are concerned about parking garages... we have scraped the Thule roof storage on one pretty good. I'll probably remove the crossbars for normal driving to have that extra piece of mind.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The backspacing on the wheels I picked up is 5.39" (i think offset is +9.9mm?) so less backspacing than stock wheels, which should stick out a bit more (away from the bolt). The pinchweld is a concern for me, but I can handle it if it is an issue.

Hey, what is the height of your commander from the ground? My wife and I are concerned about parking garages... we have scraped the Thule roof storage on one pretty good. I'll probably remove the crossbars for normal driving to have that extra piece of mind.
Wanted to touch on this. I removed my crossbars and now have more clearance in my garage despite the lift and taller tires. Darned things were 4" tall at the peak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What size lift? I've got 255/65/18's on mine with a 2.5" lift and found a good deal on Hankook 275/70/18's and was hoping they would fit. Yours looks good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts