Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying new tires and was just wondering if I should go with 265/65/17's, 255/70/17, or 265/70/17's. I have a 2" tuff country lift and don't mind trimming the the ball joint. I like a little wider more than height but was just wondering. No spacers yet

·
Registered
696 Posts
Seems like everything everyone does on here requires spacers!! Did you read the FAQ under wheels/tires? It will tell you exactly what will fit with lift and without spacers and with spacers and minor trimming if you do decide to go with spacers. I would say get the spacers and go with the 265/70's

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 265/70/17c Goodyear Duratrac tires on stock rims (no spacers) with the RR 2.25" lift. I didn't have to trim the bolt but did anyways to give a little extra room.

Since this piece moves in unison the bolt never comes in contact with the tire. The only rubbing I get is when I turn the wheel full tilt either direction but that is something I can live with.

I have been off-road a few times with these tires where most trails were rated only a 2 or 3. ~10,000 miles and no issues!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts