Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the stock rims painted (PPG 3-stage prime/paint/clear). 255/75/17 BFG Mud-Terrains with 1.5" SpiderTrax spacers. Already had the 2" Rough Country lift installed.

Still has good road manners @44psi. Sledge-hammered the pinch weld, and heat-gunned the plastic. Just a little rub on the passenger side inner fenderwell @ full lock on a right hand turn where I couldn't mold the inner fender because of the heat and AC lines.

Looks a lot more evil and a whole lot less like a soccer mom's ride. Can't wait til I get the new custom bull-bar done and mounted!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Looks good. I agree, it has sort of a menacing look.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Awesome...I'm lovin' the black on black.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thats a good looking xk there...

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
391 Posts
That looks good man! It has an intimidating stance..

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Good looking ride. Looks nice!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
IMO, all you need to do is tint the two front door windows. Go outside and look at your Commander from the side and you will see what I mean. JMO. Looks good though.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Looks great!

So it's rubbing at full lock on flat ground with no suspension crunch? ...

Any idea how it will be with that wheel 18" higher than the others? or while taking a hard turn and bottoming out that corner while off roading?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blackwater- Tinting the front windows in Michigan is the same as telling the State Police you want to give them money. It would complete the look, but it's not worth the risk. I am going to have my paint shop tint out the front turns and tails, I have hi-lux LED's installed on both and can photometricly verify it meets the FMVSS 108 requirements to avoid the tickets for that(did I mention I'm an electrical engineer for a bus manufacture?).

Yeggster- yes it still rubs on flat ground and I haven't had the chance to take it hard-core off road yet. Time at the Mounds ORV park with let me know what else I need to change. I might end up having to re-routing the rear heat and AC lines so I can clearance the inner fender better. I'm sure with some serious articulation it's going to rub worse, but being that it's rubbing on a curved ABS surface, I don't know how much of an issue it will be.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Looks great! Did the 255/75's add much to your lift? Really like the black out wheels- I wonder how they would look on my white rig.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking back at my post-lift pictures, it looks like I had a shade over 35" at the wheel well front and back. Now with the new tires, it's a shade over 36", so I gained about an inch over stock tires.

Best part about it, I can roll on a creeper front to back without hitting anything even with my 44" chest!

Thanks for the positive coments guys, not that I do mods to please the masses, but it's nice that someone else digs it too.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeggster- yes it still rubs on flat ground and I haven't had the chance to take it hard-core off road yet .... but being that it's rubbing on a curved ABS surface, I don't know how much of an issue it will be.
Keep us posted ... I've decided I'm keeping my Commnder for the long haul now ... and I'll be in for tires next spring ... I'm still not sure I want a lift ... but it never hurts to collect data just in case :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Blackwater- Tinting the front windows in Michigan is the same as telling the State Police you want to give them money. It would complete the look, but it's not worth the risk. I am going to have my paint shop tint out the front turns and tails, I have hi-lux LED's installed on both and can photometricly verify it meets the FMVSS 108 requirements to avoid the tickets for that(did I mention I'm an electrical engineer for a bus manufacture?.
Yeah, Roger that. Still looks cool though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts