Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I will be the proud father of a new set of 265/70-17 Bridgestone Revo 2s and Spidertrax spacers. Anybody have any advice other than what is already up on all the stickys? Pictures to come!

Jon

·
Registered
696 Posts
Only advice I have is that new rims are only a little bit more then the cost of spacers! That is the only reason why I have rims and not spacers. Sorry if your purchases are final and this is not what you wanna hear. Stock wheels and spacers still look great!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only advice I have is that new rims are only a little bit more then the cost of spacers! That is the only reason why I have rims and not spacers. Sorry if your purchases are final and this is not what you wanna hear. Stock wheels and spacers still look great!
Well that's the thing, I like the stock look. (I think I am sub consciously building a Commander the way it should have come from the factory) If I went with rims I would go 18" so it would be significantly more than the $200 I spent on spacers. By the way, I like your rim choice - The whole XD line is killer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not sure of the climate in Wisconsin but if you have rain, the tires are awesome. I have had mine a year now and I live in BC which is the same as Washington state weather-wise.
I too looked at the spacers but have heard some shaky things regarding repair shops not liking to work on wheels with spacers...not sure of the why's

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not sure of the climate in Wisconsin but if you have rain, the tires are awesome. I have had mine a year now and I live in BC which is the same as Washington state weather-wise.
I too looked at the spacers but have heard some shaky things regarding repair shops not liking to work on wheels with spacers...not sure of the why's
Kitkat,
Great to hear you are happy with the tires; Wi does have a pretty good amount of rain in the spring/summer. The majority of my miles are hwy but I need an AT tire for driving up north to the hunting cabin or lake house. I feel that I am getting the best of both worlds for highway / foul weather / moderate off roading & awesome tread pattern!

As far as repair shops not wanting to work on spacers I found out two things. 1) The two reputable repair shops that I work with had no problem with the wheel spacers. 2, Make sure they understand what you are talking about; one of the two was thinking plate spacers like the pic below. Once I told him they were 5 lug hub/wheel centric spacers he said "No problem, thats the only way to go if you dont want to buy new rims".

Revo tread pattern:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I really liked the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor. Perfect for all the weather we get in WI.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I have about 30,000 on my duelers. Only time i had a problem was when
I went thru a sand pit and got hung up on something.
Not the tires' fault!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts