Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get regular valve stems for my new wheels/tires w/o TPMS valves? Will it be an issue with the monitor?
Where do I get extra TPMS valves (if required) as I want to keep stock wheels/tire for road trips? How much are they?

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Coyote said:
Can I get regular valve stems for my new wheels/tires w/o TPMS valves?
Yes.

Coyote said:
Will it be an issue with the monitor?
Yes.

Coyote said:
Where do I get extra TPMS valves (if required) as I want to keep stock wheels/tire for road trips?
They are often for sale on ebay and occasionly here on the forum. And of course from the dealer.

Coyote said:
How much are they?
On ebay and on the forum it just depends on what the seller wants to get for them. The dealer will be the most expensive.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What will the issue be with the monitor? An idiot light on the dash? Anything else?

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Why not move your valves from the old wheels to the new? That way you will only have the idiot light on during the road trips instead of every day.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea and it would give me time to find an extra set at a good price. I would think the road trip (high speeds) is where they would be most useful. Thanks for all of the advice. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
We can sell you new TPMS sensors if you are interested and we have them in stock. They currently run $50.00 each. If you are interested in purchasing a wheel and tire package w/TPMS sensors. We will install them and mount and balance the package for you for FREE.

Please call us if we can help you with anything. 1.888.459.4080

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Just remember they are year model specific. Make sure you get the right ones!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No disrespect but a $5.00 air guage seems like a bargain here...as long as there is not an accompanying audible bell with the idiot light I will be fine.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
No disrespect but a $5.00 air guage seems like a bargain here...as long as there is not an accompanying audible bell with the idiot light I will be fine.
There is no audible bell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts