Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, but not to Jeeps. I drove my first "Truck, ​1⁄4-ton, 4×4, Command Reconnaissance" in the Army in 1980. I bought my first Jeep Cherokee (XJ) in 1994 and have never looked back. I like Jeeps because I can go where I want, when I want and they've never let me down. I've pulled people out of ditches on the side of snowy or muddy roads. I've never needed anyone to pull me out (perhaps I don't drive it hard enough?) Mostly I enjoy working on my Jeeps, building them out with "all the options" to fit my daily-driver needs with the ability for going wherever I please, whenever I need. I love the hunt too, and getting my hands dirty. For example I made my '97 Cherokee Sport into the "Up Country" package with almost every option that was available from Jeep at the time of purchase (some options cancel out other) -- 100% correct, 100% stock using 100% Jeep parts (new or used.) I enjoy visiting scrap yards in search of that special option, part or piece. Working the dealerships and even the lonely dead Jeeps you see in backyards. Yes, you can call it an obsession. After passing my '97 to my son, I bought a low mileage '08 XK Sport and am now on a similar journey again, perhaps my last. It's much tougher with an XK as so few were built, and the bus-electronics w/ODBII & VIN controls make it even more of a challenge. On the personal side I'm an ex-Army/overseas vet (1st ID), living life quietly here "at the edge of the empire" in the White Mountains of NH because 200 million others don't :)

So here I am, and I am already enjoying peaceful days roaming the yards, taking my XK apart and putting it back together again, better than it was. I'm also looking forward to helping where I can and I promise my questions will all be good ones. Currently I'm on the hunt for the stock bumper guard, so if anyone has an angle of attack on that I'm all ears!

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to the forum, but not to Jeeps. I drove my first "Truck, ​1⁄4-ton, 4×4, Command Reconnaissance" in the Army in 1980. I bought my first Jeep Cherokee (XJ) in 1994 and have never looked back. I like Jeeps because I can go where I want, when I want and they've never let me down. I've pulled people out of ditches on the side of snowy or muddy roads. I've never needed anyone to pull me out (perhaps I don't drive it hard enough?) Mostly I enjoy working on my Jeeps, building them out with "all the options" to fit my daily-driver needs with the ability for going wherever I please, whenever I need. I love the hunt too, and getting my hands dirty. For example I made my '97 Cherokee Sport into the "Up Country" package with almost every option that was available from Jeep at the time of purchase (some options cancel out other) -- 100% correct, 100% stock using 100% Jeep parts (new or used.) I enjoy visiting scrap yards in search of that special option, part or piece. Working the dealerships and even the lonely dead Jeeps you see in backyards. Yes, you can call it an obsession. After passing my '97 to my son, I bought a low mileage '08 XK Sport and am now on a similar journey again, perhaps my last. It's much tougher with an XK as so few were built, and the bus-electronics w/ODBII & VIN controls make it even more of a challenge. On the personal side I'm an ex-Army/overseas vet (1st ID), living life quietly here "at the edge of the empire" in the White Mountains of NH because 200 million others don't :)

So here I am, and I am already enjoying peaceful days roaming the yards, taking my XK apart and putting it back together again, better than it was. I'm also looking forward to helping where I can and I promise my questions will all be good ones. Currently I'm on the hunt for the stock bumper guard, so if anyone has an angle of attack on that I'm all ears!
Welcome to the forum @08 XK;

Post some pics of your Commander when you can; I'm not sure I've heard the term "bumper guard" before. Did you mean a Grille Guard? Could you elaborate?

Here are some links if you want to order any parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.com/store/account/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwiYG9BRCkgK-G45S323oSJABnykKAhh8eDfktvKOcXIbZZtyM9MiasWVk-Mba45s2yxNrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

JeepSteel Custom Bumpers - https://www.jeepsteel.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,2006?a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+/en/catalog/jeep

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already in the last 4 years - lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apologies for not being specific, @Blig Blue. "Tubular Grille Guards Black Part Number 82209502AB" is exactly what I am hunting for at the moment. Thanks also for all the links.

·
Registered
109 Posts

That thing is outrageous in price! You can get a fully loaded winch bumper for that.

Welcome 08 XK I’m just getting started on an 06 Limited XK that I picked up with a bad engine. I hope to have it on the road soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
That thing is outrageous in price! You can get a fully loaded winch bumper for that.

Welcome 08 XK I’m just getting started on an 06 Limited XK that I picked up with a bad engine. I hope to have it on the road soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That link won't work for me, I've tried it in 3 different browsers; How much are they asking for it out of curiosity?

Anything over $350.00 is a rip-off in my opinion.

My old Black Horse Grille guard was only around $220.00 brand new with shipping.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That link won't work for me, I've tried it in 3 different browsers; How much are they asking for it out of curiosity?

Anything over $350.00 is a rip-off in my opinion.

My old Black Horse Grille guard was only around $220.00 brand new with shipping.

Jeep 2010 Commander Exterior Guards & Deflectors Tubular Grille Guards Black Part Number 82209502AB Sale Price $1,785.00

Jeep 2010 - Commander - Exterior - Guards & Deflectors Tubular Grille Guards - Black Part Number:82209502AB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Jeep 2010 Commander Exterior Guards & Deflectors Tubular Grille Guards Black Part Number 82209502AB Sale Price $1,785.00

Jeep 2010 - Commander - Exterior - Guards & Deflectors Tubular Grille Guards - Black Part Number:82209502AB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's ridiculous....nobody with a half a brain would pay anything close to that price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts