Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I had a 2010 Limited Commander that was easily the best vehicle that I have EVER owned, but it was recently totalled in an accident (no one was hurt). Consequently, I searched for a replacement and although I considered many other vehicles, I really wanted exactly what I had. Long story short; good luck finding a decent 2010 hemi Commander without a zillion miles that someone is willing to part with. At the end of the day, I just bought an 06 Limited Commander that had 103k miles (pretty low for the year). I'm honestly struggling with some of the differences (no Nav, no backup camera, no auto lift gate), but I'm just happy to be in a Commander again. I'm hoping to have the ability to post soon as I have questions about the radio that came with this thing as it's not working right and I figure it's something that I'm doing wrong. At any rate, glad to be on the forums. :)

Pablo
Byron, IL

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Just reply with your question no need to wait, you will have 4 more posts before you know it. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Byron, IL is just up the road from me. I'm in Rock Falls. I started out with a 2007 Sport 4.7L back in 2010. I lifted it and did a few more minor things to it.

I ended up having to part with it when my wife lost her job. I've owned a lot of used cars but, the Commander was really the only one I missed.

Fast forward to 3 months ago, and voila, I'm the proud owner of a 2006 Limited with ...56,700 miles on it at the day of purchase. Whooda thunk it.

Anyway, welcome and congrats! It's nice to see another forum member in the neighborhood.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hey everyone,
I had a 2010 Limited Commander that was easily the best vehicle that I have EVER owned, but it was recently totalled in an accident (no one was hurt). Consequently, I searched for a replacement and although I considered many other vehicles, I really wanted exactly what I had. Long story short; good luck finding a decent 2010 hemi Commander without a zillion miles that someone is willing to part with. At the end of the day, I just bought an 06 Limited Commander that had 103k miles (pretty low for the year). I'm honestly struggling with some of the differences (no Nav, no backup camera, no auto lift gate), but I'm just happy to be in a Commander again. I'm hoping to have the ability to post soon as I have questions about the radio that came with this thing as it's not working right and I figure it's something that I'm doing wrong. At any rate, glad to be on the forums. :)

Pablo
Byron, IL
@lopab23;

Welcome to the forum; Post some pics of your Commander when you can.

Here are some links to help you out if you want to do upgrades or repairs to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already - lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the welcomes. Also, thanks to Blue for the info and it just so happens that my parents have lived in Vero for about 15 years or so...:)

Ok, it was scary buying a used Commander from a lot in Chicago with over 100k miles, but seeing as how my 2010 had over 175k before it was wrecked, I'm fairly confident that I can fix any issues that come up. Again, nothing critical is wrong (so far as I can tell), but there are a few things that I would love to sort out:

1. Radio - everything works fine except the CD player. If you push the Mode button, it just goes over to satellite radio. If you hit the eject button nothing happens. I was a bit spoiled in my 2010 with having the top radio with CD player, storage, aux port, etc..., but since I'm not picking up the satellite radio, I would at least like to play the mountain of CD's that I own. Should I just unplug it from the car and plug it back in to see if it resets? It does not make any noises that I can hear in so far as trying to eject a CD or even play one.

2. Auto-dimming Brights - the dash says they are on, but the brights don't come on until I pull the lever back again. This is already different from my 2010 in that the lever for that model pushes forward to engage the auto feature. Could it just be a bad sensor? Speaking of which, where is the sensor for that?

3. This 06 Commander has a big brush guard installed on the front bumper that has some kind of rough grey finish on it. Is this something that is ok to throw some armor-all on it to shine it up a bit? It has sort of a matte look which is fine, but I was hoping that there was something I could use to clean it up a bit.

4. Last question (for now), but what other model years is this Jeep most compatible with? I know the hemi in this vehicle is completely different from the 2010, but when it comes to exterior/interior parts and stuff like that, are there other years that I can use to find what I need?

Thanks in advanced for any advice. :)

Pablo

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes. Also, thanks to Blue for the info and it just so happens that my parents have lived in Vero for about 15 years or so...:)

Ok, it was scary buying a used Commander from a lot in Chicago with over 100k miles, but seeing as how my 2010 had over 175k before it was wrecked, I'm fairly confident that I can fix any issues that come up. Again, nothing critical is wrong (so far as I can tell), but there are a few things that I would love to sort out:

1. Radio - everything works fine except the CD player. If you push the Mode button, it just goes over to satellite radio. If you hit the eject button nothing happens. I was a bit spoiled in my 2010 with having the top radio with CD player, storage, aux port, etc..., but since I'm not picking up the satellite radio, I would at least like to play the mountain of CD's that I own. Should I just unplug it from the car and plug it back in to see if it resets? It does not make any noises that I can hear in so far as trying to eject a CD or even play one.

2. Auto-dimming Brights - the dash says they are on, but the brights don't come on until I pull the lever back again. This is already different from my 2010 in that the lever for that model pushes forward to engage the auto feature. Could it just be a bad sensor? Speaking of which, where is the sensor for that?

3. This 06 Commander has a big brush guard installed on the front bumper that has some kind of rough grey finish on it. Is this something that is ok to throw some armor-all on it to shine it up a bit? It has sort of a matte look which is fine, but I was hoping that there was something I could use to clean it up a bit.

4. Last question (for now), but what other model years is this Jeep most compatible with? I know the hemi in this vehicle is completely different from the 2010, but when it comes to exterior/interior parts and stuff like that, are there other years that I can use to find what I need?

Thanks in advanced for any advice. :)

Pablo
Yes to question # 3 and 2006/07 to question #4 relating to most engine parts a lot of the exterior parts are compatible through all model years 06-10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts