Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the 5.7

Hello,
I am new the the site and just bought the wife a Commander. I want to PEP this baby up some so a am sasking for some help.
Thanks Jim

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
MOJO, where did you get a 5.9 ?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm sure he's just mistaken on the size of the engine.

Regardless we have this awesome search tool that will give you access to numerous threads that will answer your question.

Please use it before you create useless threads that continue to clutter this forum.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
He has a 5.7 with a booster pack :)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Regardless we have this awesome search tool that will give you access to numerous threads that will answer your question.

Please use it before you create useless threads that continue to clutter this forum.
Thanks, I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this way :rofl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 5.7! I had a brain fart:rofl: I did up a 07 JK 4" lift 35 BFGs Bumpers you know what i am saying. I just want her to have a good looking jeep. See I build Cummins Diesels thats where the 5.9 came to mind.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Oh great, now non mods that want to run around giving people a hard time, it's just what we needed. One post and someone is already on his[removed], what a warm welcome. I'm sure he's cluttered up the forum with his ONE post, or maybe the clutter is the tons of other threads created in the "Programmers/Engine Mods" section, oh wait, this is the only thread created today in this section. Why don't we just lock the entire forum and make it read only?

Get an intake, an exhaust, and a programmer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I know I started out Not GOOD. MY BAD! I just like to do the right thing one time I dont have the MONEY to throw around way? I am a NAVY Man and PROUD! my Wife to. We love Jeeps as you can see .
My Ride is a 09 Dodge Cummins 6.7 2" lift 35 ATs 5"ssExhaust EGR&DPF deleted and Power mods SMARTY. So this is way I posted on here to get the BEST info to build her Commander I am done rantting now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm not trying to be harsh. It's just my opinion and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Congrats on your new purchase MOJO!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Harm No Foul:) I hope to learn alot from you guys.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I hope we can all learn a little from each other.

Personally I don't see how digging up a seven month old thread is better than starting a new one, but I don't run things here.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I don't see how digging up a seven month old thread is better than starting a new one.
Because information in a seven month old thread is still relevant and there is no need to re-invent the wheel when the information to answer a persons question already exists.

Starting new threads is not a problem, but people need to at least look to see if their question has been asked before, if not then ask away. But if the question has been asked and answered then the old thread is the most appropriate place to continue the discussion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys just drop it No big deal! I have been learning alot digging around on here. You guys have gave me some great ideas.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
OK MOJO,
Welcome aboard and back to your original question.
You already have a rather sparkling performer there so......what do you want it to do better?
Usually, when this question from a new owner comes to me, I generally ask the above question and add, you should operate it a while in its stock configuration and go from there.
Otherwise, we'll give you our interpetation of whats cool and you'll go nuts trying to create a fuel dragster that climbs rocks like a goat, rides good, gets 40mpg.....yadi yadi, if you get my drift.

As far as the poking about.....a few members seem unusually testy this week IMO.
We were all new at this once and to this day I still start a thread that I thought was new.......usually 5253 sets me straight LOL!

Anyways, like I said, welcome and the more the merrier.

Rob

·
Registered
480 Posts
Get an intake, an exhaust, and a programmer.
Cut out that bus muffler and replace with your favorite brand, then add a cold air intake by AEM or K&N..etc, then get a programmer like the diablo. Thats about it. you could increase the throttle valve size or add heads or... but thats really expensive stuff. If your into that check out arrington engines shophemi.com. Good Luck and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Guys I am putting a 2" lift on saturday and 265/70/17 The Terra Trac A/Ts. My buddy is doing the alignment Monday. I ordered the Diablo for it and the AEM intake. I will look at the Exhaust and go from there.This will make the Boss (Wife):) Happy
Like I said you guys are Great to chat with Hope to hook up with some of you this year Just to talk Jeep. I don't know anything else to talk about :rofl:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I was looking at your signature and was wondering what a Limited Wife was?

"08 Jeep Commander Limited Wife"

·
2,248 Posts
Robby said:

Otherwise, we'll give you our interpetation of whats cool and you'll go nuts trying to create a fuel dragster that climbs rocks like a goat, rides good, gets 40mpg.....yadi yadi, if you get my drift.

As far as the poking about.....a few members seem unusually testy this week IMO.
We were all new at this once and to this day I still start a thread that I thought was new.......usually 5253 sets me straight LOL!

Robby,
As usual is the voice of reason, I started to get my dog in the fight and along come Robby to remind us all that this is just the Internet. I like your definition of drag race, mountain goat, Honda Civic gas mileage Commander. I do not get 40 mpg, but I do get over 600 miles between fill ups......lol

GP,

I got me a UnLimited wife, She even talks me into more mods on the commander. Now she wants a gun under the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Duly noted, Huey. I'm sure MOJO's was just a typo.

By the way, I have found that it is not good to introduce my (second) wife as my current wife.

Actually I was thinking that MOJO was duty bound to add 0.2 cubic inches to his hemi as a performance boost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts