Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forums. 21(22 tomorrow)/m/Maryland with an '06 4.7L Commander. I am interested in a few performance mods, firstly cold air intake and exhaust primarily to help the fuel economy of my Commander. I get about 15.5 city and almost 17 highway at the moment.

When looking around for parts, is it better to just stick with Mopar parts or is it more beneficial to look elsewhere (such as K & N filters, Borlan exhausts, or etc.) Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Welcome to the site!

In my mind, it's beneficial to look elsewhere for more options. Mopar seems to rebadge and jack the price up of other people's products a lot. So, just keep your eyes out.

Looking around on this site, you'll get a chance to see and hear what everyone has, how they like it, etc.

Being in Maryland, you should make the drive down in September for the camping trip! Meet up with others in NoVA, and caravan on down. Check out the link in my signature.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Exactly what Sciron4X4 said. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yes, Welcome to the forum! You will find all kinds of useful info here, and people that are willing to point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
CrzCajun said:
Exactly what Sciron4X4 said. Welcome to the forum.
Exactly what CrzCajun said. Welcome to the forum. :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
WildBill16 said:
Hi, I am new to the forums. 21(22 tomorrow)/m/Maryland with an '06 4.7L Commander. I am interested in a few performance mods, firstly cold air intake and exhaust primarily to help the fuel economy of my Commander. I get about 15.5 city and almost 17 highway at the moment.

When looking around for parts, is it better to just stick with Mopar parts or is it more beneficial to look elsewhere (such as K & N filters, Borlan exhausts, or etc.) Suggestions?

As far as a CAI goes, I just installed a K&N, I was gona go with AFE, but there numbers are not constant from the website to the pprintout on the stores, plus it turns too much, K&N seems to have more flow, they been arround for ever, so that is what I got, as for the exhaust, well, if you want to do a muffler swap, then you can go with Borla or any one you like, if you want to do a Cat Back, then you option is Gibson, no as many options as with the 5.7

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
welcome to the forum wildbill....and happy bithday to you....use the search option and type in "matching name" and post a pic of yourself, your jeep, the little lady in your life and anything else you feel like sharing with us....it's kinda a right to passage around here....just joking about that last part, but a lot of peeps have posted themselves in that thread and it just makes it feel like you know people on a more personal level....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thanks for the responses everyone. I'll look into the camping thing Sciron, especially now that I took my last undergrad exam yesterday (woot!). I was looking at the K&N filters and saw a lot of positive responses; I just wanted to know everyone's opinions on Mopar, which I now have :). Lol, I can post pix of my Commander up, and the little lady, and little kiddies if you want. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
WildBill16 said:
I took my last undergrad exam yesterday (woot!)
I graduated with my Masters last weekend, What a great feeling that is! Congratulations

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
a49erFootballFan congrats to you ! When did you graduate? From where?
My nephew and his wife just graduatoed from Arizona State University last week or before....He have gotten his masters too.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
I graduated with my Masters last weekend, What a great feeling that is! Congratulations
Congratulations, well done.

·
Registered
735 Posts
yes i agree congratulations.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
cico7 said:
a49erFootballFan congrats to you ! When did you graduate? From where?
My nephew and his wife just graduatoed from Arizona State University last week or before....He have gotten his masters too.
I graduated Saturday May 3rd from Grand Canyon Universtiy with a Masters in Business and an empasis is Disaster Management.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts