Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Commander Limited Hemi
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and just purchased a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited Hemi. I leased one when they first came out and wanted to get another one so I sold my new Kia Optima and bought the jeep out of West Virginia. It drives extremely smooth. One of the first issues I noticed however was that while shifting from park into neutral or reverse into drive a loud audible clunk is felt and heard. A quick search revealed it could be a front differential bushing. Am I on the right track and what should I expect to pay to fix it?

• Another issue is the back sunroof visors on the roof panel won't retract if anybody knows a fix for that.
  • My original one leased in 2006 came with a backup camera, and apparently this one does not. Does anybody have any recommendations for an aftermarket backup camera? Or would it be easier to find a used unit and have somebody switch them out?
  • What should I do to update the gps?
  • I'm guessing the suspension is stock, is there anything I should be doing to address that? It seems smooth when driving but there is some rattling when going over bumps. No crazy rust underneath from what I can tell.

·
Registered
2006 5.7 4x4 Limited
45 Posts
Not sure on cost, but here is what all is involved just to get to that bushing (find a shop that has done this before):

and

Youtube is your friend. Search for "moonroof visors jeep commander" to see how to fix, or at least remove the entire mount plastic and roller visor. (Cheap plastic just does not hold up to kids yanking those visors around)

Learn to rotate your cranial support system instead of a rear-view camera if one cannot be retrofitted.

The Nav unit was updated with DVD's/CD's. You can find them on Ebay, but they are not recent. There is a whole section on this forum to ask about Nav stuff, maybe someone could recommend a new Nav system that includes a rear-view mirror.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
2008 XK 4.7L 4x4 (QT1) Flex-Fuel Sport
15 Posts
If it is the differential mount, that's an easy find. Both carid and rockauto have several different kinds of them. If you plan on bouncing your diffy' around, and want to spend the big bucks, you can get this sucker...

(and get a chea-pass generic one for the mounting plate, or refurbish your old mounting plate with a por15 kit if you want to go that route.)

That will probably give you the highest-end fix, but right now, it's more than my mama would let me spend with the other things I have to pay for. ;-)

Cheers, good luck,
Drew P.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts