Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals. I have been on the forum for a few months now but haven't got around to finish setting up my profile. I love the forum you have all setup and contributed to here. It has helped me numerous times in the short time I've owned my jeep when it comes to troubleshooting and finding information. I bought my 06 commander limited 5 months ago. I used to have a 2012 wrangler unlimited and while I loved the wrangler, I hated the drivetrain Chrysler put in them. I put the biggest gears available in the diffs and still lost all power in 5th and 6th gear. So long story short I ended up with a Jeep that has the drivetrain they needed to put in the wrangler. While I love my commander, it is kind of a pain going back to a 10+year old vehicle and doing all the maintenance needed. I've replaced every suspension component on it and have used this forum to determine what lift to go with and what size wheels and tires would suit me best. I'll post pics soon but I couldn't be happier with the performance of the hemi in this jeep. It looks and feels like a true safari vehicle. Thanks again for everyones help and I look forward to contributing some of my own experiences in the future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

did you have to replace any items on the motor, like the coolant temp sensor, oil temp sensor, thermostat, etc....? Also, what MPG are you averaging in city and highway. I have done some work on my hemi and i am now getting 13 in the city which was a significant gain considering i was getting 9.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

did you have to replace any items on the motor, like the coolant temp sensor, oil temp sensor, thermostat, etc....? Also, what MPG are you averaging in city and highway. I have done some work on my hemi and i am now getting 13 in the city which was a significant gain considering i was getting 9.
Sorry for the super late reply! I haven't logged on in quite some time. I did replace the water pump, thermostat, coolant(obviously), as well as all new spark plugs, ignition coils, intake filter and a stainless cat back 3" exhaust system. Initially my fuel economy went way up. I was getting 18 mpg on the highway and 14 in the city. Then I did my lift and tires. Now my average is 10.6 with ~13mpg on the highway. I had the computer tuned to disable the displacement on demand feature. I've also ran a couple bottles of fuel system cleaner through it and sea foamed the last 2 oil changes. The seafoam worked great! Very minimal lifter noise now but the fuel system cleaner may have done more than I bargained for. I think my fuel filter needs changed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts