Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 XK stone white 5.7 ltr Hemi
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy fellow Commander owners! I've had mine for just over three years now and, with a few sit backs, have enjoyed it this far.

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
Howdy fellow Commander owners! I've had mine for just over three years now and, with a few sit backs, have enjoyed it this far.
@Hager ;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below & complete your user profile signature as directed;

The link below also contains loads of great information & resources for Commander owners;

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Also, here are some links if you need to order any parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

Jeep Steel Bumpers
jeepsteel.com

Home

jeepsteel.com

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

I hope you find this information useful & again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, I was asking $8,500.00, thinking "No one in their right mind..." i was up at my Jeep dealership to get the Commander detailed and a salesman to a liking to it for a graduation gift / Christmas present for his 17 year old daughter! He started off in the mid $4,000.00 range. I knew what I had and held firm. Two weeks later he got hold of me again. This time to offer $6,500.00. I again waited (Thinking he's got the hook, will he take line?). A few days later he got a hold of me again. This time to set up a meeting. I knew he was serious. I arrived and he looked and drove it - SOLD! He offered $7,000.00, I again held to $8,500.00. As I left, I told him I'd discuss it with my wife and get back to him, he agreed. After discussing it with the "Boss", I called him back and explained my situation and offered to meet him in the middle $7,750.00. After a bit he agreed, the Commander had sold itself! I had originally paid $8,450.00 for it three years ago. I put (Almost exactly) 20,000 miles on it and kept ALL me receipts for service, parts, etc. I put Weathertech front floor mats and cargo liner in it as well as Carhardt front seat covers to protect the seats. That's it with just normal upkeep and love.

Sad to see her go, but eagerly anticipating the next vehicle

·
Registered
2010, Commander limited, Hemi, 4x4, 165k
8 Posts
Alright, I was asking $8,500.00, thinking "No one in their right mind..." i was up at my Jeep dealership to get the Commander detailed and a salesman to a liking to it for a graduation gift / Christmas present for his 17 year old daughter! He started off in the mid $4,000.00 range. I knew what I had and held firm. Two weeks later he got hold of me again. This time to offer $6,500.00. I again waited (Thinking he's got the hook, will he take line?). A few days later he got a hold of me again. This time to set up a meeting. I knew he was serious. I arrived and he looked and drove it - SOLD! He offered $7,000.00, I again held to $8,500.00. As I left, I told him I'd discuss it with my wife and get back to him, he agreed. After discussing it with the "Boss", I called him back and explained my situation and offered to meet him in the middle $7,750.00. After a bit he agreed, the Commander had sold itself! I had originally paid $8,450.00 for it three years ago. I put (Almost exactly) 20,000 miles on it and kept ALL me receipts for service, parts, etc. I put Weathertech front floor mats and cargo liner in it as well as Carhardt front seat covers to protect the seats. That's it with just normal upkeep and love.

well done, i'll say you essentially recouped your original purchase based on use and time held. What are you in the market to get

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in no rush as I retired a year and a half ago from the Great State of South Carolina and my wife currently works from home. When she returns to the office, it's a two mile one way commute, killer!

No rushing here. Eyes out for a light colored (White/stone white) 2016/17 Grand Cherokee. Less than 100,000 miles and a warranty.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander Base 3.7 litre V6, 4WD QT-I
15 Posts

What an epic story! Get another XK! haha.. J/K, but at least a Jefferson North Assembly Plant (JNAP) product!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts