Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am interested in bringing my front end up 2" just to level it out in the meantime while i decide if i want to lift it all or not, i was wondering if the stock UCAs are able to handle the extra 2", ive heard that they can, but if you want to go above that, that you need to get the JBA UCAs. do any of you run a leveling kit with the stock arms? Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just did my lift last week with the OEM control arms. I don’t plan on doing anytype of off roading with it though. I did the rough country 2” lift and gained about 3.5” in the front and 2” in the back so it looks nice and level.

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
i am interested in bringing my front end up 2" just to level it out in the meantime while i decide if i want to lift it all or not, i was wondering if the stock UCAs are able to handle the extra 2", ive heard that they can, but if you want to go above that, that you need to get the JBA UCAs. do any of you run a leveling kit with the stock arms? Thank you
Yes they can handle the extra 2 inches of lift.

Before I upgraded to the JBA UCA's for lifted XK's, I drove around with the 2 inch RC lift on the stock UCA's for about 2 years with no issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just did my lift last week with the OEM control arms. I don’t plan on doing anytype of off roading with it though. I did the rough country 2” lift and gained about 3.5” in the front and 2” in the back so it looks nice and level.

Did you also leave everything else stock? front struts, rear coil spring and shocks? im wondering why the 2" kit brought yours up 3.5", which everyone else says too. On the website for the Rocky Road 2.25" lift, they stated "We tested taller lifts and found that anything over 2.5" tall can and will damage your front CV axles", is that just one of their marketing techniques to make people believe they have to get their lift? or is this also true?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a dumb question to add onto this, if the leveling kit comes with a 2" spacer for the front and back, how does it level the car? to me, this just sound like it lifts it all 2" while keeping the nose dive look.

·
Registered
338 Posts
In the rear you're stacking vertically an extra 2 inches... 2 inch spacer gives 2 inch lift.

In the front, you're spreading apart a wegde... 2 inches in the middle of the wedge will yield around 3 at the edge given the Jeep geometry.

That said, be careful because sometimes they advertise the thickness of the spacer, and other times they give expected lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts