Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been a user for a while but I just haven't gotten around to putting everything up. I have a 2008 4.7L V8 Limited. I have put on Gloss black and machine aluminum 17" KMC Spy rims with 245/75/17 Firestone Destination M/T. I highly HIGHLY suggest the KMC Spy wheels as the +18 offset ended up acting as a 1" wheel spacer (if my calculations are correct). I would advise against the Firestone Destination M/T tires as they have worn out extremely fast and are very loud, especially for the patter that is on them. I installed the Rough Country 2" lift kit and have loved it ever since. I have also installed a CB radio and fiberglass antenna. And have also installed a GPS and ran the cable behind the dash so it looks professional. I custom made a home made roof rack with my father and I would recommend EVERYONE to make one. It only ended up costing $50 and is extremely sturdy. I just yesterday had a Flo-Pro V Force muffler installed and it sounds beautiful. I did some research about it before i bought it and it is EXACTLY the same muffler as the FLowmaster 40 series. They made a replica of it when the 20 year patent was over and it sounds just as good. I left the stock resonator on it.

http://youtu.be/8v0ubaBTXV0

·
Administrator
16,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Very nice Commander ! Can you give us a "How to" on building the rack ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course I can! I'll give you guys the quick version now and the detailed version on the exterior modification hub-forum. It was 1/2" Conduit and riveted together using a riveter from Harbor Freight. I will upload the tutorial later this week!

·
Administrator
16,181 Posts
Of course I can! I'll give you guys the quick version now and the detailed version on the exterior modification hub-forum. It was 1/2" Conduit and riveted together using a riveter from Harbor Freight. I will upload the tutorial later this week!
Thanks !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your tutorial! Would love to save $400 bones!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts