Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new buddies. I am a proud owner of '07 Commander with the 4.7 FFV (2 WD). This is my third day with the vehicle and am very happy / excited whatever. Currently the mileage is at 350. As per break-in within the manuel, I've goosed it a few times (assuming to seat the rings) and have used the Multispeed function on the transmission on occasion. Now I have a question or should I call it a possible concern.

When I test drove it and within the last 100 miles, she was as smooth as could be. Now I'm noticing a slight rough idle in Park, Neutral and Drive. She's idling between 500 and 600 rpm's but noticeably rougher than the last 100 miles. There's a 1/4 tank of fuel left from the dealership and I'm assuming everyone's using the recommended 87 octane. Anyone with similar experiences on a new break-in vehicle? Anywhere to check under the hood for possible loose connections etc?

I love the truck and It's my third Jeep over a period of 25 years. Again, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No issues on mine 06' HEMI with 625 miles. You may want to take it to the dealership. Specially having low miles. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had some rough idling when I first got my truck, it still does it a little today at 1900 miles. I haven't been too concerned with it as it has been reduced lately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inside out!.jpg

Thanks guys for your replies. Thought someone else with the same set-up might have had a similiar experience or might have found an easy fix. Ha Ha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts