Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 commander hemi limited black, every option including the saddle brown seats, 50,000 miles 2.5" lift 285/50/20 nitto tera grapplers. Spintech muffers and a k&n.

We love the vehicle, (there are a few things that would be a nice addition though, just a little more room.) It is my wifes DD we have two kids both in car seats one 3 one 1. and a little lap dog that rides around everywhere with us.

We are in the search of a new car looked a crd gc but the 3rd row gets used when we take friends out. So that was out. Looked at a new Seqoua but it feels huge like a suburban driving it. All of the new crossovers really are stupid in my opinion (if I wanted a allwheel drive car I would buy a station wagon and through a 3rd row seat in it like in the back of it like my Rhino.)

So I guess this is my question are the 09 different enough to notice, the motor I like. If they stop making the Commander I will probable keep the 09 seeing how it has lifetime power train. like it will matter. I would put a superlift under it and some OME springs with UCA's for some larger tires. (I am a weekender offroader with my wifes car?:icon_confused::)
I cant convince my wife she needs..... a RUBICON, and Im not sure I could handle that motor :( after haveing a HEMI.

Have any of you here traded up years and been happy with your decision? I like the forum, have been following it since before I purchased it in mar. 06. Everyone here is very dedicated to the Commander. It really is the only vehicle in its class.:)

Let me know what all ya are thinking on your next purchase? Or if I should wait to see what happens for 2010, or mabey a grand commander if it is produced, Ill be ready to trade again by then if I go with something other then the Commander.

thanks
kmx99

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
kmx99 said:
I like the forum, have been following it since before I purchased it in mar. 06.
You've been here 2 1/2 years and just now posting ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a ton of info if you just read it. Joined in jan 07 followed for 9 months before I joined.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Now is the time to buy, not necessarily to trade, but to buy.

Get your wife the 2009 and you keep the 2006 for your off roading trips and taking the friends out.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I'd say get the 09.

Jeep has continually upgraded the powertrain, body, electronics, etc.
Yep, it looks the same, but I'll bet it doesn't drive the same. Likely tighter, quieter, all the things that come with a continually updated design.
Naturally, a road test is in order, but I bet I'm not too far off the mark.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts