Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't install the TPMS in your new set of wheels will the warning light come on because there is nothing to sense???
Is there a way to get the light to turn off if you choose not to use the TPMS in your wheels?
Thanks for any info.
I'm putting the wheels on tomorrow so I'll find out soon enough.

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
yes, no sensor = light. You can probably get it to turn off by pulling the fuse.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My sensors on my 2006 original wheels are about to go due to battery life.
I have a reconditioned set of new OEM wheels that have a new set of
255/70 R17 Goodyear Silent Armours on them that I'm putting on tomorrow.
I'll probably get a new set of sensors when I get My rebate from the tire purchase.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
^ yes.

Ane regardless if your tpms is working or not you'll want that so you can program your computer for the proper tire size to fix the speedometer, shifting and ensure traction control works properly.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I use the off road setting with the flashpaq to completely disable TPMS on my XK. I'm not running sensors.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually found a set of new TPMS specific for my 2006 Commander for $164. My tire shop said they would install and program for about $80 total.
So I'm going to go ahead and replace the old ones with new ones rather than install the old ones in my new Tire/wheel setup.

So it is a good idea to get the superchips flashpaq tuner even if I only went up to a 255/70R17?

I plan on keeping the Commander for a long time and I'm trying to do moderate mods with the best results for my use.

I went through the whole cutting and pinch weld bending on my Liberty and I don't really want to get into that with the Commnader. The 255 70's will do just fine with the 2" lift for me.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After all that and a new set of wheels and tires with no sensors ..No Lights come on.
On start up you see the pressure light but it goes out with the rest after the Jeep starts.
A none issue for now,
I drove it around a little turned Jeep off, started again and she shows no lights related to the tires after Jeep has started.:SM127:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts