Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after this ...

I ended up having to get a new set of wheels because the Vision Warriors I purchased from Discount Tire were garbage and were all surface scrapped (on the clear coat) in a radial direction from outside to center. I really do not think a wheel should have done this from some simple muddin and took them back up to Discount tire and was told there is nothing they can do for me. So after a few hundred bucks MORE (which Im not happy about) I ended up with these ....

So I'm looking for some of your guys opinions because I'm torn if I like them or not. I'm also wondering if I should throw some spacers on them to make them look alittle better because they are a 35 offset which my others where a 25. Anyways I appreciate anyones feedback and thank you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good man, a little narrow but spacers should fix that right up as you said... nice buy if your asking my opinion!...
Thx man ... ya Im leaning towards putting spacers on. It just doesnt have that wide nice stance I think.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
They look good man.

Can you get some better shots from the front so we can see how far they're under the fenders?

How wide are they?

And..... who pulled ya out?? :icon_confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They pretty much sit flush with the flares ...

Who pulled me out? LOL.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I didn't see any "after" shots showing the full loop. So i figured you got stuck there. Usually, mud up to the rockers + no momentum = stuck.

If not, that's pretty damn impressive! :banana_hitit:

Edit: and yea... after seeing those pics.. spacers!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I didn't see any "after" shots showing the full loop. So i figured you got stuck there. Usually, mud up to the rockers + no momentum = stuck.

If not, that's pretty damn impressive! :banana_hitit:

Edit: and yea... after seeing those pics.. spacers!
LOL nah just messin ... I was beyond stuck! The tow truck driver called a semi wrecker but we got her out about 5 mins before it showed up lol. The tow truck had dual winches hooked to her and she wouldnt budge. They tore down a old school there and back filled the basement in with dirt and it was never compacted, we had a ton of rain the last few days so it was like quick sand.

Thx for the input ... guess im gonna have to throw some spacers on her ... even though I dont want to! What do you guys suggest for size spacers .. 1.5? will that be too much you think with a 35 offset?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm usually never a fan of black wheels but those look great on there. I think your only problem is the wheel spacers. It'll look a lot better afterward!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm usually never a fan of black wheels but those look great on there. I think your only problem is the wheel spacers. It'll look a lot better afterward!
Thx man. Ya im too big on black wheels either, hopefully the spacers will change my view on them. Thinking I should have went with a gloss black rim instead of a matte black. I wish these wheels had a nice offset aswell ... I might throw some spacers on her today to see how it looks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The matte black will wear better in the long run especially up against mud, small rocks, etc. My brother has a lifted Ram with black gloss MT classics and we're just waiting for that first scratch in the clear.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Did you throw those spacers on today? Wondering how it came out.

And i agree with above... matte black is the way to go for wheeling. It's much easier to "touch up" as well.

My wheels have gloss black, but I had a friend spray them with a nice thick later of clear coat. Now if they get scratched I have plenty of clear that can be repaired with a bit of wet sanding.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Why use spacers on an aftermarket wheel? You are asking opinions as if you have the choice to return them or something. I would but not to change the wheel but can you get same wheel in different backspace so they stick out a little more. I think they look great. My XK is also black on black limited like yours. Check out my pics

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Did you throw those spacers on today? Wondering how it came out.

And i agree with above... matte black is the way to go for wheeling. It's much easier to "touch up" as well.

My wheels have gloss black, but I had a friend spray them with a nice thick later of clear coat. Now if they get scratched I have plenty of clear that can be repaired with a bit of wet sanding.
Matt,

Yes I threw on the spacers yesterday and it definitely gave it the look that I think it was missing. So I guess Ill have to search around for a new set of wheels with maybe a 25 or 18 backspace instead. Thx for the idea on the clear coat it is greatly appreciated, Ill have to do that with my next set of wheels.

Why use spacers on an aftermarket wheel? You are asking opinions as if you have the choice to return them or something. I would but not to change the wheel but can you get same wheel in different backspace so they stick out a little more. I think they look great. My XK is also black on black limited like yours. Check out my pics
I'm using spacers just to see how it looks and if I want a different backspacing with a matte black wheel or not. I was simply just asking others what their opinions were on the wheels and to give me suggestion on what she might be missing. I never stated I could return them and they are not welded to my truck so I do have a choice of taking them off and getting a set of wheels that I like. I do know I wont be getting anymore wheels from Discount Tire though lol. Yes, I seen your jeep and really like your combo of tires and wheels. I think they make your truck look really good and aggressive, that is the look im going for on my jeep. Im just torn on the 18 offset cause the ride seems to be alittle more rougher with these spacers on, I didnt have that rough of a ride with the 25 offset. Guess ill have to shop around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts