Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the answer to the question, will the tire pressure sensors work on aftermarket wheels. I understand the sensor is part of the valve assembly. Has anyone purchased new wheels and mounted the sensor? If so what brand & style of wheel. Some of the posts are indicating that DC says they won't work, however I have seen a few posts that said it was no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am looking for new wheels (maybe Moto Metal) and planning the 2.5 RR lift. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just talked to the service mgr at the dealership about this; he said they will work but to be careful when removing tire from rim, the sensors are plastic, cost $90 ea and break easley.

-mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
68001696AA is the part number for the pressure sensor. Dodgeparts.com or 1stjeepparts.com both have them for 31.xx a piece. A guy on ebay claims to be selling the OEM ones for 50 for a set of 4 new ones. I bought a set to try but if they don't work they worst case is 124 or so from the dealer. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.