Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it and purchased my new wheels and tires. Therefore, my Superlift is going on Thursday & Friday of this week. I can't wait. I'm also putting on GetLost UCA's. Here is the set up I went with, I have a black 08 Overland, so I thought the black and machined wheels would look best. I guess we'll see on Friday if that's the case. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
ooohhh its gonna look good. :D

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Those look like they should be very good tires. I am not sure if I like the wheels or not but maybe once I see them on it I will be sure but that is just a matter of style and opinion. As long as you like them that is what is important.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Very nice, can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wait is on. Dropped off the XK this morning and get to pick it up sometime tomorrow. I've already taken the b4 pic's, all squatty and soccer mom like. Can't wait to see her all grown up. I'll probably just start a new thread in the lift / suspension section due to the fact of the 4" Superlift. So check there soon for pic's. I'm sure I'll be so excited, that I might try and get some on this thread too. It's been raining for days here though, so I might be a little slow on the pic's, as I'll want her all pretty for the debut.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here she is. I guess I should of got a close up of the wheels and tires, but I'll try and do that later. It turned out a lot better than I even thought it would. I absolutely love the Jeep now. She looks mean in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, I've got problems. I'm rubbing badly, so it looks like I'm going to have to switch wheels out. Sucks, because I loved the black/machined look on my vehicle. Now I'll be going with Moto Metal's in a 17x8, as opposed to the 17x9's that I had. We'll see how it goes on Friday or Saturday when they swap them out. I'm bummed though, as I really loved it this way. Ironically, the moto metals were the first wheels that I wanted, but were a little more than I wanted to spend, but then I changed my mind to go with a black/machined look. Well, the manager today felt bad for all I've been through so far, so he knocked the price down to the point that it's only $206 more to upgrade. What he didn't know is the assistant mgr gave me two $100 gift cards for all I've been through on Friday. So ironically it'll only cost me $6 to upgrade. However, I'm not sure at this point it is an upgrade, but we'll see how she looks come this weekend.

These will be the new wheels, which hopefully solves the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Here she is. I guess I should of got a close up of the wheels and tires, but I'll try and do that later. It turned out a lot better than I even thought it would. I absolutely love the Jeep now. She looks mean in person.
Looks Killer! To bad you have to change them out.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
The whole look is great. I hate to se you get different tires. You could pull back the plastic wheel wells and hack out or bend the seam in there. Also, I relocated the air pressure transmitters, beat the corner edge of the fiberglass A/C line guard and then hot gunned the plastic wheel wells back against the new gained space. With a 4" lift you s/b able to make up some space.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Where exactly are you rubbing on the XK? Have you bent over the pinch weld and re molded the front inner plastic fender well?

Also what was the back spacing/offset of the 17x9's and what is the back spacing/offset of the new wheels?

Unfortunately rubbing with 285/70 on a 4 inch lift is normal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, I'm actually hitting both inside and outside and I'm not going to cut into the body/fiberglass. They took care of the pinch weld and all, but i'm still having issues. The backspacing was a 4.53 on the 9"ers and the new wheels, but I'll have 1 inch less sticking out, which they claim will solve the problem. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yea, I'm actually hitting both inside and outside and I'm not going to cut into the body/fiberglass. They took care of the pinch weld and all, but i'm still having issues. The backspacing was a 4.53 on the 9"ers and the new wheels, but I'll have 1 inch less sticking out, which they claim will solve the problem. We'll see.
That one inch difference should definately help, especially since your running a 285/70. When you say rubbing on both inside and outside are you refering to the fender flares and inner plastic fender well?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That one inch difference should definately help, especially since your running a 285/70. When you say rubbing on both inside and outside are you refering to the fender flares and inner plastic fender well?
yes, exactly... i'm hitting on the fender flares and inner plastic, or was I should say. the only place i'm noticing hitting right now is the flares, so hopefully the 8"ers will fix this problem. I just hate that my current wheels don't come in that set up, as it looks so much better than I even thought it would, and I'm not sure the solid chrome will look as good now that I've seen it this way. I guess at this point, I just don't want rubbing issues, it just sucks to settle.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
yes, exactly... i'm hitting on the fender flares and inner plastic, or was I should say. the only place i'm noticing hitting right now is the flares, so hopefully the 8"ers will fix this problem. I just hate that my current wheels don't come in that set up, as it looks so much better than I even thought it would, and I'm not sure the solid chrome will look as good now that I've seen it this way. I guess at this point, I just don't want rubbing issues, it just sucks to settle.
Do you plan on taking your XK off road???

1 - 20 of 39 Posts