Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did it...pulled the trigger on some new wheels and tires. I previously had 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrains on the stock chrome clad wheels, but it never looked "gnarley" enough for me.

So I upgraded to this:

Tires: 265/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T
(I liked them b/c they were inexpensive and got pretty good reviews)

Wheels: Ion 171 17x9

The total package for 5 wheels & tires mounted and balanced cost me around $1,600. I'm hoping to get about $800 of that back selling my old tires, wheels, and wheel spacers. Not bad...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
Very nice looking. How is the road noise with those tires ? What size wheel spacers are you using ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Road noise isn't bad at all. About the same as my BFG Mud Terrains. Don't need to run spacers anymore, which was important to me when selecting a wheel. I do rub a little more with this setup and had to trim the front fender a little, which you can see in the first pic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finally did it...pulled the trigger on some new wheels and tires. I previously had 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrains on the stock chrome clad wheels, but it never looked "gnarley" enough for me.

So I upgraded to this:

Tires: 265/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T
(I liked them b/c they were inexpensive and got pretty good reviews)

Wheels: Ion 171 17x9

The total package for 5 wheels & tires mounted and balanced cost me around $1,600. I'm hoping to get about $800 of that back selling my old tires, wheels, and wheel spacers. Not bad...
I'm looking at the same rims and tire size. Have you had any issues running 265/70s on the 9 inch wide rims? My only hesitancy with this setup is that the rim seems a little too wide for that tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts