Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 07, 3.7 commander. I almost died when i read the manual and read that the diff and axle fluid must be changed every 30K ??! Is recommended maintenance or required?

Kinda bummed since i just got out of a car that was high maintenance and now looks like i'll be having to pamper this thing silly.

Also.. is it alright for the gas pedal to feel like i've got a brick on my foot while im driving?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Just bought a 07, 3.7 commander. I almost died when i read the manual and read that the diff and axle fluid must be changed every 30K ??! Is recommended maintenance or required?
MUST normally is NOT a recommendation but means required.

Kinda bummed since i just got out of a car that was high maintenance and now looks like i'll be having to pamper this thing silly.
What did you expect for a used car with 30K miles?, all cars need pampered or a tow truck

Also.. is it alright for the gas pedal to feel like i've got a brick on my foot while im driving?
No, but didn't you notice this onthe test drive?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MUST normally is NOT a recommendation but means required.

What did you expect for a used car with 30K miles?, all cars need pampered or a tow truck

No, but didn't you notice this onthe test drive?

Hmm you have a good point there. 30K on the clock aint that bad.. but im not used to having a 4x4 and apparently they need a bit more maintenance than normal 4x2's.

And actually I did notice the pedal was a bit stiffer than my 08 yukon but a test drive is what.. 10 mins? maybe 15, so im probably not going to feel it as much as if I take a 1.5 hrs road trip.

Its all good. Just takes some getting used to i guess. Is it OK to put in the NGK single platinum plugs into the 3.7??

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Hello dubbsix and welcome to our forum. There are a lot of great people here and some useful information.

Search out the sparkplug info, but I think most people have ended up staying with factory recommended plugs.

Post pics of your commander and what kind of mods are you planning, if any?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello dubbsix and welcome to our forum. There are a lot of great people here and some useful information.

Search out the sparkplug info, but I think most people have ended up staying with factory recommended plugs.

Post pics of your commander and what kind of mods are you planning, if any?
Thanks for the welcome. I am not really planning any mods. I live in the city and it will just be a kid mobilizer :)

Im more interested in sprucing up the interior a bit with the chome air vent accents and the chrome side molding.

As for the plugs: Okay staying with the stock plugs works for me since they are fairl cheap and easy to get to.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Thats weird because I have a 2007 4.7 L and my owners manual says to change the front and rear diff fluids every 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your Commander. There is a ton of great info on this forum along with some really good and informative people.

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts