Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased 2006 Commander Limited 5.7L Hemi QDII about a month ago.
Tearing into it to clean it up, its from NC and has a lot of sunroof leak damage to the
interior. Have most of that cleaned up and piecing it back together...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Upgrade

Lt. You get all put back together and you will be in for a promotion good luck and take lots of pictures as most of us have not gotten this far into a tear down of the interior.

Swanny

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Tearing into it to clean it up, its from NC and has a lot of sunroof leak damage to the
Lt Commander;

Welcome to the forum;

That looks like quite a job.

Are the seats still in good shape?

If not, I know MOPAR sells a complete set of Katzkin leather seats for the Commander I think for around $1600.00

Let me see if I can find a link;

EDIT: Here you go: https://www.officialwholesaleautoparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-katzkin-leather-interiors-lthrocs3di/?c=Zz1pbnRlcmlvci1hY2Nlc3NvcmllcyZzPXNlYXQtYW5kLXNlY3VyaXR5LWNvdmVycyZhPWplZXAmbz1jb21tYW5kZXImeT0yMDA4JnQ9c3BvcnQmZT00LTdsLXY4LWZsZXg%3D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Impressive! Is the carpet new or cleaned? You mentioned water damage, did you replace the head liner or sunroof seals?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cleaned and redyed carpet black. I did use dynomat insulating everything. The seats will do for now I'm changing over to cloth as soon as I get back to AZ. Leather & 100+ temps don't go together so well...

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Cleaned and redyed carpet black. I did use dynomat insulating everything. The seats will do for now I'm changing over to cloth as soon as I get back to AZ. Leather & 100+ temps don't go together so well...
That makes sense Lt. - I have cloth seats myself which doesn't bother me because the cloth interior in Commanders - or at least in my Commander, is pretty high quality.

I had an 08 Grand Cherokee Laredo (Rocky Mountain Edition) with a cloth interior - and for some odd reason, the interior in my Commander seems to be of a thicker, higher quality material than what my Grand Cherokee had in it - even though the color and pattern looks almost identical. I don't really know how to explain that.

Anyway, you are doing/have done some really nice interior work - I assume this is something you have prior experience with.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice work, welcome aboard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts