Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hey everybody! I'm new here and look forward to settling into this commander forum for some good info swapping.

I bought a new 2007 commander the first part of this year. It was a demo with only 1200 miles on it and I love it, BUT, I got this problem......

At 35+ miles per hour, with the back windows down, I start to get this wind buffeting. It's a pounding noise and it literally feels like the jeep is going to shake apart. It's unbearable at 50+ mph. It even happens with the windows down a couple of inches. I have to open one of my front windows to make it stop. So because of this, my kids can't lower the windows when they're in the back seat. It's just a pain.

Anyway the dealer says they know of the problem, but can't do anything about. :headbang: Anybody got any ideas?????? Please help my kids be able to let the wind blow thru their hair.:eyemouth:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've had this happen before in lots of different vehicles at certain speeds, I just considered it part of life and opened a different window or closed them up.

In the XK when it's nice out, I'll sometimes drive w/ the hatch open. I also did this in the KJ which had a sunroof, and it gave it kind of a convertible feeling.

Maybe Ventshades would help you out?

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
raise your sunroof if ya got one. Even with the cover pulled forward, the pressure pulses will have a 3rd point to equalize themselves, and not give you too much wind in the process.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Crack your front window an inch and it should stop. Mine is the same, and many of my past cars have also had this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ask the dealer to see if he could get me some vent shade to see it they may help or else I guess I just have to live with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts