Jeep Commander Forum banner

Newbie - Got a wild wind buffeting problem

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  booboo 
#1 ·
:) Hey everybody! I'm new here and look forward to settling into this commander forum for some good info swapping.

I bought a new 2007 commander the first part of this year. It was a demo with only 1200 miles on it and I love it, BUT, I got this problem......

At 35+ miles per hour, with the back windows down, I start to get this wind buffeting. It's a pounding noise and it literally feels like the jeep is going to shake apart. It's unbearable at 50+ mph. It even happens with the windows down a couple of inches. I have to open one of my front windows to make it stop. So because of this, my kids can't lower the windows when they're in the back seat. It's just a pain.

Anyway the dealer says they know of the problem, but can't do anything about. :headbang: Anybody got any ideas?????? Please help my kids be able to let the wind blow thru their hair.:eyemouth:

#2 ·
I've had this happen before in lots of different vehicles at certain speeds, I just considered it part of life and opened a different window or closed them up.

In the XK when it's nice out, I'll sometimes drive w/ the hatch open. I also did this in the KJ which had a sunroof, and it gave it kind of a convertible feeling.

Maybe Ventshades would help you out?

#3 ·
#4 ·
raise your sunroof if ya got one. Even with the cover pulled forward, the pressure pulses will have a 3rd point to equalize themselves, and not give you too much wind in the process.

#5 ·
Crack your front window an inch and it should stop. Mine is the same, and many of my past cars have also had this problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.