Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 commander and was going to buy a 3.5" rock krawler kit and wanted to run the 20x9 srt-8 replica wheels with a 6.25 back spacing. what is the max height and max width tire I can run with or without spacers?

thanks

Nick

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
From what others have posted, with the Rock Krawler kit, youll only gain about 2 inches of lift or so. Not sure why they advertise 3.5 inches. With those 20x9 wheels you in theory should be able to run a tire size thats equivalent to around a 275/55R20 (31.9 inches tall by 10.8 inches wide) or 275/50R20 (30.9 inches tall by 10.8 inches wide). However, the problem you would run into is hitting the upper ball joint bolt since the wheels dont stick out that far at all due to the back spacing. The only thing I can really recommend is keeping the tire height a little lower and/or trimming the ball joint bolt for clearance with the taller tire. Any tire that is around 30 inches tall will clear no problem but then it wont fill out the wheel well. Looks like you might have to do some test fitting if possible.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
well that gives me a good starting point do you think I should run the spidertrax spacers?
Well I just worked the numbers again and those 20x9's with a 275 mm wide tire will sit 1.1 inches out farther then your stock wheels and tires. Which in my opinion will look amazing because it will be about flush with the fender flares. So, you definately dont want to add wheel spacers. Again, my only concern is going with a tire thats to tall because you will hit the ball joint bolt. When I say to tall, i mean the normal height tire that guys are running with a 2 inch lift (approx 32 inches). You might have to go with a tire thats around 30 inches tall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just worked the numbers again and those 20x9's with a 275 mm wide tire will sit 1.1 inches out farther then your stock wheels and tires. Which in my opinion will look amazing because it will be about flush with the fender flares. So, you definately dont want to add wheel spacers. Again, my only concern is going with a tire thats to tall because you will hit the ball joint bolt. When I say to tall, i mean the normal height tire that guys are running with a 2 inch lift (approx 32 inches). You might have to go with a tire thats around 30 inches tall.
thanks I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this I'm going to start looking for tires in that size range I will keep you posted!

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts