Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Looking at putting some new tires on my commander

I currently have 33-12.5-17 **** Cepek FC2 tires and like them

Was gonna try either

Nitto Terra Grapplers 295-70-17

or

Nitto Trail Grapplers 295-70-17

Any suggestions or personnel experience with these?

Pictures would be good if anyone has them on there rig

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess a little more info on what type of driving you plan on doing would help with giving suggestions. The Terra Graps are a great tire that I have used on my XK to accomplish a more agressive look for the street. If you plan on tackling mud the Terras will do well but the Trail Graps are better. They both are awesome tires but the Trail Graps are $100.00 more per tire! Trails run $275.00 and Terras around $170.00 I am upgrading to a a more aggressive tread similar to the Trail Graps but for a similar cost to the Terras. Wild Country MTX 275/70/17. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you have a lift or any spacers? My question being that if you can fit 275 without rubbing on a stock commander 17inch wheels??

·
Registered
936 Posts
if he is running the commander i think he is running (Texels old rig), then he has a 4" lift.

if you will be doing mostly city driving in Cowtown with the occasional Trunk road run id aim for the Terra grapplers.

i dont run them on my Commander (i have goodyear territorys) but i do run them on all my work trucks and they have awesome life expectancies and they work great on the lease roads alberta has to offer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently found out that Toyo MT's suck ass in the snow (road trip), and from previous knowledge trail grapplers werent much better. Can deal with an MT's slippery tendencies in the wet ... but my next tires will be Wildpeaks, BFG AT KO's, or some other tire with good tread life and awesome street manners that will also manage off road.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My friend has 33x12.5R18 Toyo Open Country MT's on his 4 inch lifted 2005 Grand Cherokee and they are awsome in the snow here in Buffalo.....do you have a V6 or V8?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm a fan of the Cooper Discover STT's. I ran them on my old truck for awhile and loved them. They have the aggressive look and did well offroad, in my opinion. Good luck with your tire shopping.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you are headed more off-road than on road the Trail Grappler would be a better choice. If you are more on-road than off-road and you're vehicle sees packed snow and ice, the Terra Grappler would be a better choice.

Let us know if we can help you with a set. We guarantee the lowest delivered price and we would love to earn your business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts