Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got only 29,000 on my Terra Grapplers (265x71x17) and I was told yesterday that they are almost done - down to 3/32nds on the outside and 5 on the inside - anyone else have this problem? I have the vehicle alligned every oil change, or after any offroad trip - bought the lifetime allignment at Firestone after the lift was installed, don't think it's an allignment issue.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyway to post pics of the tire wear? What about the rears?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nitto's are notorious for wearing out. I had a set on my old truck and they did the same thing. I've read that they are made from a softer rubber compound which causes them to burn out more quickly. If you're looking for a tire with a more aggressive tread that's going to last, I recommend Toyo.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyway to post pics of the tire wear? What about the rears?
I'll post some pics tomorrow - the front and rears are wearing the same. I had heard good things about the tires both on the forum and from a few tire shops here in CO - live and learn I guess, if I'd known 2 years ago I'd only get 30,000 miles I would have gotten MTs...here's the killer, I've got a spare that has never seen the road, but I'm not sure I want to put these back on again - Firestone has buy 3 get 1 free through the end of the month, thinking about getting the Destination MTs - we'll see.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Where'd you buy the tires? Maybe they will give you mileage credit if they had a mileage warranty?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the tires from Rex Tires in the Springs, I'm going to see him on Monday since I've got the day off and they're only open till 5:00. I'm sure he'll take care of me, just not sure I want Nitto's again - but it makes sense $$ wise. Here are some pics, not the best, sorry, in a hurry this am. The other part that is going to suck - I won't fit in the garage again with the rack and new tires...stupid I know, but I love the rack.

Rear:

Front:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I got the same tires and they stink, would not recommend them to anyone. Mine are fairly worn down as well. Can't wait to buy new tires to replace these.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks pretty evenly worn. I had them on my Expedition and seemed pretty good for me, then again, I only keep my tires for a year and get new ones. Hankooks (RF-10's)are getting good reviews, I did like the Bridgestone Revo's for ride, but they wore quick.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wear has been even - showing about 5 on the inside all the way around to 3 on the outside, just seems quick. I'll let you guys know what they tell me on Monday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts