Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from the 16th Pine Barrens Jeep Jamboree. It was a great time and the weather was awesome. Here are some pictures of the trails we ran and the Jeeps we ran with. I will have video later.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Looks like you guys had fun.

How did the new tires perform?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Looks like a great time! Did you go through that small puddle? Can't wait for the vids!

Also, what is it that stopped that Wrangler in the puddle? Engine die or just stuck?

And, how is that hi-lift mounted? (Edited to say, nevermind, I see that its not on your XK).

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Polar, The wrangler's engine died in the middle and winched itself out. As for your question and 07JeepXK's question I will let this video answer that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8ezRZxl2s

Believe it or not this is not the deepest mud hole we went through but this is the easiest one to get video of. This one was only about as deep as the bottom of the headlamp on one side the deeper one was nearly to the top of the headlamps on both sides. After this mud hole the ABS, ESP BES, and SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM lights came on. This was mid day on Friday and I was able to continue on the rest of the day Friday and all of Saturday after making sure the fluids were not contaminated. I think a sensor has been flooded.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Did the Wrangler flood itself out? Was it lower than your XK?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did the Wrangler flood itself out? Was it lower than your XK?
The stuck wrangler was set up similar to the red one pictured in post #3 however it was a YJ not a TJ. It was on 32's or 33's. I don't know all the details because I walked up as he was winching out then once he was out of the water he started up and drove off.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, looks like you took a different line through the puddle this year than last:
This mud hole seems to be the same from year to year but the problem with the pine barrens is that most of the holes have sand at the bottom. So they can change from year to year, day to day, or even from one vehicle to another because the bottom is so easily displaced by spinning tires or repeat traffic.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to say I do not have any video of the XK going through this hole. I know that means it did not happen but this is from Friday when I did not hit this hole, however I did go through it on Saturday when we ran this part of the trail in the opposite direction as the way they are going in the vid. It is probably about 36" at the deepest part which you may be able to tell from the front of this JK. He is on 32's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atw9JqTtMrs

1 - 20 of 71 Posts