Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would post a link to the photos from my recent trip to the pine barrens with the Jeep Jamboree. Most of the pictures are of other jeeps but they are all of the trails I was on as well. As you can see some of the mud holes were pretty deep but I made it through fine and did not get stuck once http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k401/adamag25/ *added 3 new pics on 7/18/08*

·
Registered
807 Posts
adamag25 said:
I thought I would post a link to the photos from my recent trip to the pine barrens with the Jeep Jamboree. Most of the pictures are of other jeeps but they are all of the trails I was on as well. As you can see some of the mud holes were pretty deep but I made it through fine and did not get stuck once http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k401/adamag25/

do you realize some one had posted your videos a while back?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was the only XK on this jamboree for the past 2 years. Its great to get out there and show everyone with a rubicon that I can follow right behind them and they don't need to worry about getting their tow strap dirty. Everyone on the jamboree starts out with very low expectations for the XK, they say "I can't believe your going to get that dirty". By the end of the jamboree they realize it doesn't say JEEP on it just for looks. I recommed anyone who can to take part in the Jeep Jamboree USA program, its alot of fun and bringing an XK makes you a favorite with the group.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks like there was a pretty good turnout. I was going to attend the one in Va this year back in March, but it was the weekend of my wife's birthday. Before that, I hadn't been home for her birthday for the past two years, so this year she was making sure that I was here. Will definitely try to make it next year. Good to see XKs getting dirty and we are always surprising people with it's capabilities. Nice pics!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
let me know when the next one is and i will attend but i am going to be there on august 2nd at wharton. it sux recently it has been really dry due to the heat but maybe you know a few mud trails out there that can get us a little dirty.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will do my rain dance (similar to the electric slide) from now until August 2

·
Registered
735 Posts
thats a good idea.lol RAIN DANCE IT IS.lol hahahah im doing it at my work desk right now. lol

·
Registered
735 Posts
also do you know any where else to wheel at. I do not know any where else in the area. I really reall really want to take a day trip to the coal mines in pa its like 2.5 hours but i went there for a funeral a few months back and my family walked on a trail where my great grand father fell in the coal shaft and the trails were allll mud and all dirt and mile and miles and miles long. yayayaya

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
bsnyder717 said:
also do you know any where else to wheel at. I do not know any where else in the area. I really reall really want to take a day trip to the coal mines in pa its like 2.5 hours but i went there for a funeral a few months back and my family walked on a trail where my great grand father fell in the coal shaft and the trails were allll mud and all dirt and mile and miles and miles long. yayayaya

Coal Mines??? Where are they at?

·
Registered
735 Posts
ya they arent there anymore they are there but they are not working coal mines now. Atleast i dont think so. There was tons of amazing scenary. And from what it looked like tons of trails. There was still a few coal mine shafts standing and everything. It looked as if it would be a very nice trail to drive in i hope someone from that area will chime in and let us know if they are good as they looked.

·
Registered
172 Posts
bsnyder717 said:

That's where 'home' is for me. Let me know if you are ever interested in taking a trip. I know of a lot of good places like that back upstate.

·
Registered
735 Posts
well then when are we going i am very interested to go there i will go any time just give me a week or 2 in advance maybe we could get a few ppl and find a camping spot out there and hit the trails all weekend if you know where there are alot of trails it would be fun or jsut crash in the xks in the woods. them creepy coal miners might be around though. BOO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
bsnyder717 said:
well then when are we going i am very interested to go there i will go any time just give me a week or 2 in advance maybe we could get a few ppl and find a camping spot out there and hit the trails all weekend if you know where there are alot of trails it would be fun or jsut crash in the xks in the woods. them creepy coal miners might be around though. BOO!!!!!!!
Don't be scared... LOL

They might know the best areas to go!

·
Registered
735 Posts
thats true. or they might lead me into some dark shaft and ill never be seen again..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! mommy mommy plzzz hold me..

·
Registered
807 Posts
bsnyder717 said:
let me know when the next one is and i will attend but i am going to be there on august 2nd at wharton. it sux recently it has been really dry due to the heat but maybe you know a few mud trails out there that can get us a little dirty.
better check on the rules if its an official jeep sponsored event.....i was want to got one but found out they wont let you go if you have the 3.7l sport XK if you dont have QT2 with out low 4wd.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to everyone for the good feedback. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the "Coalmines" that everyone is thinking of is in a town called Centralia in PA. An mostly abandoned town that fell victim to an underground coal mine fire in 1962. The mines have been burning ever since then. This is a fairly popular offroad spot despite the very high risk of danger. There is an interesting web site about it. http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/centralia.htm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts