Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Commander
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum and have a question. I recently purchased an 07 commander and it doesn’t have a 4x4 switch like the others I have looked at. It does have a transfer case and front axel’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,198 Posts
You have Quadra Trac I It is 4 wheel drive but no 4 wheel drive low which has that T handle for 4WD low.

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

·
Administrator
16,134 Posts
@Qmoto80 Welcome to the forum! Apparently you have the Quadra-Trac I (QTI) system, which is a full-time 4WD system that dose not have 4Lo. The other 2 systems that were available on Commanders were Quadra-Trac II (QTII) and Quadra-Drive II (QDII). QTII is full-time 4WD with 4Lo, and QDII is full-time 4WD with 4Lo and adds front and rear Electonic Limited Slip Differentials (ELSDs).

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Commander
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. It’s funny because I took it to a jeep dealership and they pulled the vin and the service attendant just said it’s 4 wheel drive and he couldn’t explain any further.

·
Administrator
16,134 Posts
Thanks for the info. It’s funny because I took it to a jeep dealership and they pulled the vin and the service attendant just said it’s 4 wheel drive and he couldn’t explain any further.
Most people at dealerships do not know much about the vehicles they sell. I always thoroughly research a vehicle before I buy it and always know more than the salesman about it.

Reactions: dar124

·
Administrator
7,103 Posts
@Qmoto80;

Welcome to the forum;

There are 3 basic XK trim packages from most basic to most luxurious you have:

1) Sport
2) Limited
3) Overland.

The three 4WD systems that Commanders are equipped with from least capable to most capable are:

1) Quadra-Trac I - Full time 4WD - (NV-140 Single Speed Transfer Case) NOT 4-LOW capable.
2) Quadra-Trac II - Full time 4WD - (NV-245 2 Speed Transfer Case) 4-LOW capable.
3) Quadra-Drive II - Full time 4WD - (NV-245 2 Speed Transfer Case) 4-LOW capable with ELSD.

The least capable of the three 4WD systems, which is the Quadra-Trac I 4WD system that you have, is still more than adequate for what I would consider normal every-day off-road use. Additionally, QT-I equipped XK's also have Traction Control & Electronic Stability Control.

The 3 main power plants are 3.7L V6, 4.7L V8 and 5.7L V8 Hemi.

You can go to the website URL below and plug in the VIN of the vehicle you are looking at to see if all the factory re-calls have been completed:

Safety Recall Information | MOPAR

If your Commander didn't come with an owner's manual, you can download a .PDF owner's manual to save and/or print, from the website link below; Just click on "Jeep" then select the "Year" and "Model" of your Commander and click on "Select Vehicle"

Next, click on the "Owner's Manual" tab under "QUICK LINKS" then click on the "DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL (PDF)" button.

Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More

To get the factory build sheet, use the URL below & simply enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

FCA RAM

I hope this information is useful to you & welcome aboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts