Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no accessory mode on my 06 5.7 limited.no acc mode with key I mean to say.
I have checked all wires head to toe. Nuts to butts!
one suspected wire, under the center counsel leaving the XK box. looks to be design Audio and power for the yaw sensor.
Not sure what the box is but has a giant XK on it. im gone patch it up tomorrow. checked all my voltage. I’m Gucci.
Everything except my horn was getting Voltage while running.
My harness on the crossmemeber was sealed up. Alternator lead had 13-14 volts. Didn’t check stater but she fires up everytime.
My head lights stay on when driving.
Day or night no light control.
I am unable to use my brights, no radio, no lcd tv, no turn signals, hazards come and then won’t go off, no heated seats, cluster lights up but gas Speedo and rpm, don't work.
have some dummy lights on.
Can’t pull a codes but no check engine light. my darn obd port is corroded.

Starter and alternator are legit. Battery cranks @14 when running. 12-13 when off.

I just now found out the interior fuse panel had relays on the back. not sure how to tell if a relay is bad. I’ll research that next I did buy a pcm and had some spare relays of both type. I hope I just popped a circuit break located on back of the panel or front.

So full disclosure
Cause if you ain’t honest, honestly no body can help you!
I was parked waiting for my wife. My stock sub wasnt working after I removed the front center consol earlier in the day and was was being impatient.
I then, like a dummy, pulled the fuse 30 the 15 while it was running ?‍♂ this is when my nightmare began!

Help a brother out! This is my wife’s daily. We named it the mommander!
We are lifted on 35’s and spacer!
blondiocksbeautyservies on Instagram to see out jeep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try your hazard switch (the button that flashes your 4-ways) I had a Dodge Caliber that had a faulty hazard switch and the headlights, wipers, turn signals, and ignition switch all didn’t work correctly. Took it to dealer and costed me $1300 for a $7 part. I don’t know if it’s the same issue on the mander but could give it a try? The hazard switch is on top the steering wheel and it should be a very cheap switch online.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have no accessory mode on my 06 5.7 limited.no acc mode with key I mean to say.
I have checked all wires head to toe. Nuts to butts!
one suspected wire, under the center counsel leaving the XK box. looks to be design Audio and power for the yaw sensor.
Not sure what the box is but has a giant XK on it. im gone patch it up tomorrow. checked all my voltage. I’m Gucci.
Everything except my horn was getting Voltage while running.
My harness on the crossmemeber was sealed up. Alternator lead had 13-14 volts. Didn’t check stater but she fires up everytime.
My head lights stay on when driving.
Day or night no light control.
I am unable to use my brights, no radio, no lcd tv, no turn signals, hazards come and then won’t go off, no heated seats, cluster lights up but gas Speedo and rpm, don't work.
have some dummy lights on.
Can’t pull a codes but no check engine light. my darn obd port is corroded.

Starter and alternator are legit. Battery cranks @14 when running. 12-13 when off.

I just now found out the interior fuse panel had relays on the back. not sure how to tell if a relay is bad. I’ll research that next I did buy a pcm and had some spare relays of both type. I hope I just popped a circuit break located on back of the panel or front.

So full disclosure
Cause if you ain’t honest, honestly no body can help you!
I was parked waiting for my wife. My stock sub wasnt working after I removed the front center consol earlier in the day and was was being impatient.
I then, like a dummy, pulled the fuse 30 the 15 while it was running ?‍♂ this is when my nightmare began!

Help a brother out! This is my wife’s daily. We named it the mommander!
We are lifted on 35’s and spacer!
blondiocksbeautyservies on Instagram to see out jeep. View attachment 40866
did you ever solve this? I am experiencing the same thing after pulling the dash to work on A/C. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
16,212 Posts
did you ever solve this? I am experiencing the same thing after pulling the dash to work on A/C. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
@Aaron in oregon Please make an introductory post in the New Member Section. Also, please create a signature with your XK's info (model trim, engine, which 4WD system, etc.) Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In case you haven't solved this problem, I had exactly the symptoms you described. I replaced the ignition switch and blown fuse #16 under the dash and I am back in business. Everything seems to be resolved. 96 base model 3.7L

·
Administrator
2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI Quadra-Drive II
16,212 Posts
In case you haven't solved this problem, I had exactly the symptoms you described. I replaced the ignition switch and blown fuse #16 under the dash and I am back in business. Everything seems to be resolved. 96 base model 3.7L
@Aaron in oregon This is the 2nd and final request to comply with my request above.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 Limited
7 Posts
I have a 2006 Jeep commander 4.7 limited. When I was driving my speedometer, tachometer, coolant gauge, gas gauge, turn signals, front power windows, power locks, radio, sun roof,headlight control, wipers, all stopped working at once and all of my warning lights popped on. My drive select indicator doesn’t show what gear I’m in and my odometer is stuck on 167,141, it won’t change. I have lost my acc cluster when I turn the key, but if I close or open any door it comes back on with all the warning lights, but no gauges working, almost like closing or opening a door is triggering something.
I’ve checked all fuses and relays and all seems fine. I’ve cleaned all my grounds in the engine bay. I’ve inspected most of the wiring in the engine bay. I have changed my ignition switch 2 times bought from 2 different stores.
I’ve had the car scanned and got codes:
u1411, u0114, u140e, c2202, u0100, u0141, and u0101.
Been trying to resolve this for almost a week now. One time the car came back to normal for about 1 minute, I touched the power button on the radio and it went back to the electrical problems. I’ve since removed the radio and it still won’t go back to normal.
This is very frustrating, especially when I can’t find anyone that has had these symptoms.
My last resort is the dealership.
Any ideas or ever heard of this happening?
Thank You!

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
does anything change when you disconnect the battery for 30 min or so? do the codes come back immediately or take some time. thinking its PCM based on the list of issues being so long..

Reactions: Sweep

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
449 Posts
it really sounds more like a shorted wire or a cut harness, but i would unplug and plug back in all the large plugs on the junction block under the dash, and the same with the PCM, and then the TIPM near the battery, with contact cleaner to see if that clears anything up.. cheap starting point

Reactions: Sweep

·
Registered
7 Posts
it really sounds more like a shorted wire or a cut harness, but i would unplug and plug back in all the large plugs on the junction block under the dash, and the same with the PCM, and then the TIPM near the battery, with contact cleaner to see if that clears anything up.. cheap starting point
Nothing changes when the battery is disconnected for 30 minutes or all night. I did pull all the plugs at the PCM and no corrosion, and cleaned the ground. I also did remove the 2 big connectors at the junction box and all seems to be good, also power going in and out of the wires. I also checked for power going to the steering wheel and there is power, but wipers, turn signals and lights don’t work. I also repaired wires in the rubber boot on the drivers door jam all that did was make my passenger window work again. my front windows won’t work from driver door, but the rear ones work. If the door is open the blower motor won’t work, but if you close the door the blower motor turns on and so doesn’t my cluster. It seems to me whatever is in any door that you open or close is completing a circuit. I just watched a video on a commander with similar issues and it was 12-14 burnt wires under the back seat that burnt the carpet and melted the wires together. He replaced the junction box and repaired the wiring and that worked. So next I’m going to have to remove the seats and pull the carpet back. I wouldn’t doubt it if there were mice chewing on the wires. Every year I get at least 3-4 mice in my heater blower motor.
wish me luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
UPDATE:
So that is what it was for now, melted wires under the carpet under the backseat under the tray. The wires lay on the floor that is directly above the muffler. The metal floor pan in that area is so discolored from the heat. I started the Commander and started separating the melted wires and then I heard the ding and saw my tachometer and all the warning lights go out.
I think this has a lot to do with the no start issues a lot of people are having when there radio and blinkers are going out.
IMO this is one thing people need to check if their having electrical issues and everything like fuses look and check out to be good, it can’t hurt and it will help with a lot of frustration.
thank you for the help and pass it on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts