Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Any picture of a Commander is a good picture. Now take it out and get it dirty!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
dh63269 said:
Don't some dealership's do pinstriping as their "signature" or whatever?
No, they do it so they can make more profit. Charge a lot for something that cost them very little.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jeep5253 said:
No, they do it so they can make more profit. Charge a lot for something that cost them very little.
LOL. It didn't show up as a line item on the sticker. I like the various fees that get added on with vague names that nobody can tell you exactly what they are for.

·
Registered
456 Posts
dh63269 said:
Don't some dealership's do pinstriping as their "signature" or whatever?
Some friends of mine own a few stealerships and have a guy that freehands the pinstriping on all their vehicles and has kindof made it their signature, but yet they charge for it too. Oh yea he signs his pinstriping too "Sid did it"

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Striping is still extremely popular for the street rodders. In fact, some of the more popular guys are almost legends when it comes to striping a custom rod. The Discovery Channel had a great show about it the other day, showcasing some of the more extravagant striping jobs on several different cars. Personally, I prefer the clean look without pinstripes, but it can look good on the right vehicle.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TR4Runner said:
Striping is still extremely popular for the street rodders. In fact, some of the more popular guys are almost legends when it comes to striping a custom rod. The Discovery Channel had a great show about it the other day, showcasing some of the more extravagant striping jobs on several different cars. Personally, I prefer the clean look without pinstripes, but it can look good on the right vehicle.
I would not request pinstriping ... but I don't think this one looks bad. Otherwise I would have removed it as soon as I got home - like I did the dealer's sticker.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i hate when dealers think they need to advertise all over your car.

whenever i get a new vehicle i rip their plates and other crap off, before i leave the lot.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
My Cherokee has custom Arizona pinstriping. No other vehicle has the same striping so I wonder if it makes it more valuable. :p

PS: custom Arizona pinstriping, for those of you who didn't get it, is created by creosote bushes while off roading.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
In that case, I have a series of custom Colorado pinstripes...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts