Jeep Commander Forum banner

No heat on passenger side

11K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kmetz77 
#1 · (Edited)
I've done some searching but I haven't really found an answer to my direct problem.

I have dual zone climate control and the driver side heats just fine. The passenger side only blows cold air. Recirc works because the air is slightly warmer when I turn it on. The rear air blows hot also.

I think I'm looking at the blend door. Is this the one I access by the glove box? How? Is it a bad motor or just stuck?

Thanks

#3 ·
You are likely looking at a blend door issue as the dual zone climate control has individual blend doors for each side. I know the air distribution box is somewhat accessible behind the glove box, but the individual blend doors/motors may not be without removing the box (someone more familiar with these should chime in on that).

I have a similar issue on a friend's Commander that I am investigating for them. Except hers does not have the dual zone climate control. The passenger side gets warm, but the drivers side does not. any thoughts?

#4 ·
Hi. I realize that the above post is three years old, but my '06 Commander Limited has this problem. I just bought her two months ago and I am trying to figure out what to do about the blend doors problem. I think it is the actuator or the gear itself, from the research I have done. Went to the dealer and they scared me off a bit because they didn't seem interested in helping me (and if they did it would cost a fortune!).

I am going to remove the glovebox this week and have a look.

PS Can anyone help me by telling me how to calibrate the blend doors? I have dual controls.

#6 ·
My 06 Limited with dual controls the passenger side is 5-10° warmer. I hope to work on it soon but in the middle of moving so a lot of other priorities ahead of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd see if anyone had any success with this issue. I just bought a 2008 Limited Commander with dual temp control, and am having the same issue. Drivers side gets hot, passenger side stays cool. Also have a 02 Wrangler Sahara where air comes out the vents and floor when set on vent air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.