Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked out Superlift web sight 4 inch lift no longer listed.
Called them and they say its no longer available.

Does any one have this kit that will part with it? I meant to purchase one after my engine was rebuild was completed.

· Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,441 Posts
Please update signature with your Commander details. It is nice to know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing

· Administrator
15,463 Posts
What does updating my signature have to do with Superlift discontinuing the 4 inch 4x4 lift for the Commander?
@Doright Nothing. But Moderator rblapham has asked you to do it. And now I am asking you to do it. That's twice. Please do it now. Thanks.

Reactions: rblapham

· Administrator
15,463 Posts
Maybe later as I dont have VIN close by
You don't need your VIN to make a signature. Just put your year, model trim, engine. and 4WD system.

Reactions: rblapham

· Administrator
2008 XK Sport 4.7L V-8 QT-II 4WD 104,xxx Miles
8,869 Posts
Just checked out Superlift web sight 4 inch lift no longer listed.
Called them and they say its no longer available.

Does any one have this kit that will part with it? I meant to purchase one after my engine was rebuild was completed.
@Doright ;

I just checked their website & it appears that they do not produce them for the Commander or the WK Grand Cherokee anymore, sad as that is to say;

I'm glad I bought mine when I did.

· Administrator
8,869 Posts
So just to expand on this;

I just got off the phone with Superlift a few minutes ago and the story I was told, is that Some of the companies that manufactured the individual components (The Electronic Geometry Recalibration module was specifically mentioned - possibly something to do with the Computer Chip Shortage I keep hearing about) supposedly quadrupled their prices, virtually overnight and they would not work with Superlift to give them a more manageable cost for ordering in bulk;

The end result was the cost of the 4 inch Superlift for the WK & the XK became prohibitive, to the point where they were no longer profitable.

I asked if I had a component go bad, would I be able to get any replacement parts through them & he said essentially, the only parts they would probably still have in stock would be the rear shocks, which really doesn't matter - you could replace those shocks with any other shocks that had the correct specs.

The bottom line is for anybody out there like me that has the 4 inch Superlift installed is, if you have a catastrophic failure of any major component - or , if you're Superlift has a lot of miles on it and you want to freshen it up, you will probably wind-up going to a different lift kit, or just mixing & matching individual components of different manufacturers, to achieve the best end result you can come up with.

Superlift can no longer give us any kind of real support, for the 4 inch Superlift.

· Administrator
8,869 Posts
Are there any 4 inch lifts available for the XK?
@WeldUnit ;

I've seen a couple of kits with 2.5 inch spacers that claim 4 inches of lift, but personally, I wouldn't trust a kit with spacers that large.

I'll keep looking , but, the chances of finding a complete 4 inch suspension lift for the XK now, look bleak.

If you want something of quality, you'd probably have to go to a 4x4 shop and put your own lift together, by buying your own individual components (mix & match as needed) and you'd better have a good size budget.

· Registered
2008 Commander 3.7L V6 QT-I
7 Posts
@WeldUnit ;

I've seen a couple of kits with 2.5 inch spacers that claim 4 inches of lift, but personally, I wouldn't trust a kit with spacers that large.

I'll keep looking , but, the chances of finding a complete 4 inch suspension lift for the XK now, look bleak.

If you want something of quality, you'd probably have to go to a 4x4 shop and put your own lift together, by buying your own individual components (mix & match as needed) and you'd better have a good size budget.
I’ve been trying to get ahold of a set of SL knuckles since September 2020. Recently I gave up and listed the Jeep for sale. I’m currently on a 3.5” lift and 33s with jba UCAs.

· Registered
I do not currently own a Commander
21 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a 3-4" lift since the last posting? I really want to run 33s when I buy mine and cant find kits anywhere. if there are not kits can some one give me a parts list of what worked for them so achieve that lift? I want it to still ride well so I'm willing to spend the money and do it right.

· Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Overland
7 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a 3-4" lift since the last posting? I really want to run 33s when I buy mine and cant find kits anywhere. if there are not kits can some one give me a parts list of what worked for them so achieve that lift? I want it to still ride well so I'm willing to spend the money and do it right.
As another said above, I'm sure it's down to Jeeperf at this point. Otherwise, it's a full custom fab job (aka, more money than it's worth).

· Administrator
8,869 Posts
As another said above, I'm sure it's down to Jeeperf at this point. Otherwise, it's a full custom fab job (aka, more money than it's worth).
Actually, I'm told that JBA has all the components, to put together a 4-6 inch lift for the Commander and they are pretty reputable, within the Jeep community, so that's another option;

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

· Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Overland
7 Posts
Actually, I'm told that JBA has all the components, to put together a 4-6 inch lift for the Commander and they are pretty reputable, within the Jeep community, so that's another option;

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com
Are you sure? Their site shows just upper control arms, bushings, and ball joints.

· Administrator
8,869 Posts
Are you sure? Their site shows just upper control arms, bushings, and ball joints.
See post # 34 below: @RJ.re says he has the 6-8 inch adjustable Fox coil-over kit from JBA?

RJ.re said:
I guess I may be one of the few that is out there with the 6-8inch adjustable fox coil-overs from JBA. I ended up purchasing the entire kit with the long arm extensions as well. If ya'll still have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
You might try reaching out to @RJ.re and asking him about it.

· Administrator
8,869 Posts
@GO4WD ;

@RJ.re said he would be here to answer questions, but, he has not provided any yet.

This is what he has listed as parts, in his profile;

started with 4 inch super lift

Upgraded 6-8 JBA Fox Coilovers

JBA rear track bar
JBA long travel arm kit (rear) 5 link
JBA upper control arms (highly recommend)
JBA Bump stops
JBA 6 inch rear springs
JBA FOX rear shocks with reservoirs and LSC adjuster

stock cv axels

The fact that he's listed JBA & Fox for the coilovers, as if they are the same company, gives me pause.

This might be a situation where, you'd be better off calling JBA directly and see if you can get the answers about the components he listed, straight from the horse's mouth.

If I was in the market for it, this would be the route I'd take.

· Registered
2006 / Jeep Commander 5.7 liter Hemi / Quadra Drive - II / Limited / Modifications: 6-8 JBA Lift
14 Posts
@GO4WD @Big Blue I think they discontinued making this kit that was used in conjunction with the original 4" super lift. I'll attach pictures for you to see the differences over the years. I highly recommend JBA UCA's. There are other brands out there, however the amount of testing and research that JBA has completed over the years is immense. I still use there version 1 styled UCA. I believe they have a version 2 available with better grease point access.

The JBA 6-8 kit used to be on JBA's website.

The kit contained the following:

1. 6-8 inch adjustable Fox Racing Coil-overs
2. JBA Rear adjust able track bar
3. JBA Rear Lower Control Arms
4. JBA Rear Upper Control Arms
5. JBA Rear 6 inch springs
6. Fox remote reservoir shocks with adjustable LSC (Low Speed Compression)
7. JBA replacement bump stops to account for the addition height in the rear to account for JBA springs.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread Motor vehicle

1. 6-8 inch JBA Coilover with JBA UCA's

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

2. This is the rear: Notice the bump stop extension, coil spring, and remote res fox-shocks

Sleeve Font Adaptation Screenshot Advertising

Sleeve Font Screenshot Motor vehicle Advertising

Product Automotive lighting Font Screenshot Machine

3. Here are old screen-shot's I found on my hard drive from years ago
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive design Automotive lighting Engineering

Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive exterior Automotive design

4. Day I picked up the kit from the UPS Shipping depot

Reactions: Big Blue

· Registered
2006 / Jeep Commander 5.7 liter Hemi / Quadra Drive - II / Limited / Modifications: 6-8 JBA Lift
14 Posts
@Big Blue @GO4WD Would it be best to provide the build process over the years? I basically tested out each style of lift (2 inch puck lift, 2 inch puck lift stacked with 4 inch super lift, then the conversion to the JBA / super lift set-up). Let me know what would be the best way to do this so that maybe someone can see how it was done to possibly re-create it?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts