Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a lot of cash right now and I was lookin for.some more noise out of the 5.7, I was thinkin of just removin the muffler and leavin the resonator. Has anybody done this? And what were the results? Any info would b great!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just to give him an idea of the sound. In my opinion it's too loud and at highway speeds it would be unbearable.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ya is too loud for me! The only reason why i would love a gas engine is to change the exhaust.. Impossible on my crd

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Just to give him an idea of the sound. In my opinion it's too loud and at highway speeds it would be unbearable.

A 4.7 is not going to sound like a 5.7.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
My god you're so critical

I was just saying the guy asked for info on the 5.7 NOT the 4.7, which is what you replied to him with. And they do not have the same sound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I don't want to get pulled over cuz its too loud, but one guys"too loud" might b just right for another guy. Think I'm gonna try it, if the wife think its to loud than there's my reason to buy a.good.muffler!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Why does the 4.7 sound like a train horn.....that would be awful Yuk Yuk.

Anyways, a 4.7 a 5.7 whatever, a V-8 with this firing order will sound similar with one BIG exception......a 5.7 will sound like a rice burner when the M.D.S. kicks in.....just sounds awful.
The aftermarket exaust companies spent a tremendous amount of time trying to tune the exaust systems to minimize the effect.....Chrysler spent a lot of time trying to minimize it on a stock exaust.

I don't think you'd like the sound.....but, maybe you like those zoom-zoom things.

Good luck,
Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts