Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to replace the starter on my 3.7L today 8/31/19. i hook up a memory saver and disconnected the negative battery cable. well when i disconnected the positive cable from the starter
it touch the starter and sparked, i didn't think the system would be live but it was. that said i noticed the check engine light was on so i plugged in my autel model 529 and nothing
also noticed the gauges didn't function the jeep starts and drives so far. well i owned a 1999 mb c280 and had the same problem and on you tube showed me a 5 amp fuse to replace
problem fixed. i can not find a fuse labeled DLC or any relating to the problem. any ideas are welcome. Thanks

·
Administrator
6,279 Posts
i had to replace the starter on my 3.7L today 8/31/19. i hook up a memory saver and disconnected the negative battery cable. well when i disconnected the positive cable from the starter
it touch the starter and sparked, i didn't think the system would be live but it was. that said i noticed the check engine light was on so i plugged in my autel model 529 and nothing
also noticed the gauges didn't function the jeep starts and drives so far. well i owned a 1999 mb c280 and had the same problem and on you tube showed me a 5 amp fuse to replace
problem fixed. i can not find a fuse labeled DLC or any relating to the problem. any ideas are welcome. Thanks
@Brickey;

Any information on this subject you should be able to find here;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/55657-junction-block-explained.html

If you can find it there, it probably doesn't exist; Loads of good information in that thread if you take the time to read it thoroughly and check out all of the attachments.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve seen on some vehicles where the OBD connector shares a fuse with the cigarette outlets. You should probably just go ahead and check all of the fuses too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks msamy79, it's in the interior fuse box #16 labeled scm,cluster,obd ( diagnostic connector ) ( b+)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts