Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new member here,
I have a 2006 Jeep commander 4.7 limited. When I was driving my speedometer, tachometer, coolant gauge, gas gauge, turn signals, front power windows, power locks, radio, sun roof,headlight control, wipers, all stopped working at once and all of my warning lights popped on. My drive select indicator doesn’t show what gear I’m in and my odometer is stuck on 167,141, it won’t change. I have lost my acc cluster when I turn the key, but if I close or open any door it comes back on with all the warning lights, but no gauges working, almost like closing or opening a door is triggering something.
I’ve checked all fuses and relays and all seems fine. I’ve cleaned all my grounds in the engine bay. I’ve inspected most of the wiring in the engine bay. I have changed my ignition switch 2 times bought from 2 different stores.
I’ve had the car scanned and got codes:
u1411, u0114, u140e, c2202, u0100, u0141, and u0101.
Been trying to resolve this for almost a week now. One time the car came back to normal for about 1 minute, I touched the power button on the radio and it went back to the electrical problems. I’ve since removed the radio and it still won’t go back to normal.
This is very frustrating, especially when I can’t find anyone that has had these symptoms.
My last resort is the dealership.
Any ideas or ever heard of this happening?
Thank You!

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I was looking at that last night and was thinking that maybe one of the relays that are not replaceable is bad.
one of the things that has me baffled is there is power all the way to the 5 year old radio connector, but when it’s plugged into the radio it won’t turn on. Also when I push the hazard button on top of the steering column they turn on, but I can’t turn them off, I have to disconnect the battery.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,881 Posts
Possibly a bad ground. On the Junction block you could try unplugging the 3 big electrical plugs, clean them (spray cleaner) and reconnect them.

Reactions: Sweep
1 - 4 of 4 Posts