Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 06 Grand Cherokee Limited and when I program an address and I have also selected voice turn by turn.....there is no voice......Is my 06 disc too old or not working? No manual came with my rec nav system of course......any help is greatly appreciated...!

·
2,248 Posts
You can set the volume of the voice, Maybe yours is set too low to hear. Use the menu on your nav to raise the level.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If you can program in an address and it guides you there without the voice it is probably the volume as suggested.

Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Not to high jack this thread, but yes I did get a $500.00 rebate when I bought my XK, my salesman was a retired WO

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
If you can program in an address and it guides you there without the voice it is probably the volume as suggested.

Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Not to high jack this thread, but yes I did get a $500.00 rebate when I bought my XK, my salesman was a retired WO
I agree that it is a volume issue, and I got my rebate ($500.00 off):eyemouth:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'm thinking that you can also select tone only or voice and tone or silent. I have mine set up for just a tone now but I have used the voice in the past.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When you set a destination and it "should" be talking and your radio is on, does the radio volume drop to a lower volume for a few seconds? or does the little "mute" icon appear in the nav screen?
If there's no drop in volume and no mute icon appearing its most likely set to silent in the nav settings.
If you hear the radio volume drop, or see the mute icon quickly turn the volume knob up a bit, which should turn up "her" voice. When it switches from radio to the "voice over", the volume control will switch to adjusting the "voice over" volume setting.

I put that down as my #2 annoying volume issue with the nav lol, nothing like going to turn the radio up a little then "she's" talks and just about blows the speakers, then having to wait on the edge of the seat till the next time she talks to turn her down again...
That falls right behind the time my son somehow switched the u-connect into Spanish mode... the fix was too easy in the end, but the couple of days it took me to figure it out were interesting lol...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts