Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So......I know that this question has nothing to do with our commanders however I thought that maybee some of the master mechanics on here might be able to help me out. My wife's car has started to make a gurgeling sound when she drives it her words exactly are......(sounds like it needs to hack a loogie) I've tried running a can of sea-foam and higher octane gas then what she puts in it to see if its was gunked up but only to no avail. Any ideas as to what I might be needing to do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:icon_confused:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Need info...

Year/make/model/engine/miles

Makes noise only when gas applied? What about with trans in P or N?

No check engine light?

Any other symptoms other than the noise? Vibrations? Smells?

Does the heat work? Sometime the heating system will make gurgling sounds if air gets trapped in there (heat exchanger under the dash)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys forgot the most important imfo-----2005 Chevy Malibu LS V6 126,000 miles : no check engine light, makes noise only when gas is applied, heat works great and to me it sounds like an exhaust leak

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sorry guys forgot the most important imfo-----2005 Chevy Malibu LS V6 126,000 miles : no check engine light, makes noise only when gas is applied, heat works great and to me it sounds like an exhaust leak
I'll put money on an exhaust leak. Probably the flex pipe just after the catalytic converter.

No check engine light rules out a whole host of other issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts