Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, recently picked up a 2006 Hemi commander qd2 that was in pretty clean shape. Already had the thermostat go bad on me to properly introduce me to the Commander ways.
Ive installed what was supposed to be a 2” lift but the front end is still near stock with the H&R lift springs and OME shocks. Installing the clevis lift to bring the front end up to match the rear so I can fit the new wheels and tires on. Anyhow, here’s a photo of the current situation until the new clevis forks get here:

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
956 Posts
Parking uphill like that makes it look more level than it really is - lol.
I don't mind the rake and someday I would like to lower it instead of lifting, just my personal preference. Only off-road I ever did was crossing a median on I75 because of an accident up ahead.

Reactions: Arapahoe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parking uphill like that makes it look more level than it really is - lol.
I don't mind the rake and someday I would like to lower it instead of lifting, just my personal preference. Only off-road I ever did was crossing a median on I75 because of an accident up ahead.
Lol, there are a few Commanders I've seen lowered with SRT wheels that look nice. I have done a few trails around Colorado with my Power Wagon. Traded the PW in for my Gladiator and scooped up this Commander on the cheap as well so that when I break one toy I can hop in the other. Plan on doing a few more trails this summer and hopefully getting out to Moab with both rides. Here is the setup I take camping on the easier trails:

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
956 Posts
Looks like fun, the Commander should handle it easily.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome! Awesome Commander! Looks like mine before I got my evil little hands on it! LOL

Reactions: Kinson33

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, next up is a front bumper and pinch weld mod for these 255/80r17’s. Drives fine down the road but rubs plenty on a turn with a bump. Should have plenty of clearance though after smashing that pinch weld.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts