Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a nasty hailstorm here in April. Tennis ball sized hail at my house. Like a schmuck, I had left my poor Commander in the driveway that night. :surprise: The end result was a very dimpled Jeep in the morning. :frown2: I was EXTREMELY worried that the insurance adjuster would total it, but they wrote me a check. $6,500.00 worth of repairs including a new hood and new roof. I think what saved my bacon was that no glass was broken. I was one of only two cars on my whole street that didn't have broken glass, so complain about the vertical nature of the Commander's windows if you want to. Somehow none of the glass in the roof was damaged either. Other cars had caved in windshields and hatchbacks, letting water into the interior. Very expensive to fix, I'm sure. Anyway, I can't have the repairs done until December because all the auto shops are full of hail damaged cars, and parts are hard to come by. I heard an estimate that this was the most expensive hailstorm in Texas history. $1.4 billion in damages to homes and cars (and businesses too, I suppose).

I'll post an update in December after the work is done. Sadly, the week before the storm I had contacted a friend of mine who is significantly more handy around vehicles than I am, regarding a new lift for my Commander. We had big plans. This is on hold for now, but I may not be able to wait until after December to do that work. If that's the case, I'll post new photos sooner.

Attachments

·
Banned
32 Posts
just hailed here.. i ran out so fast to pull the jeep around into the garage.. just got it back from autobody..geez too bad about yours.. glad they are covering it.. sad you have to drive around like that though..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the well-wishes, guys. All in all, I still consider myself lucky. The insurance is gonna fix it, and it's still driveable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts