Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,,I have a 2007 commander that won't keep a charge. Alternator is good plus the battery has well!!! My partner is wanting to try a voltage regulator to mount.Do you have any input or advice?
WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi,,I have a 2007 commander that won't keep a charge. Alternator is good plus the battery has well!!! My partner is wanting to try a voltage regulator to mount.Do you have any input or advice?
WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
The voltage regulator is part of the PCM/ECM, placing a voltage regulator in line can cause lots of problems for the PCM. Possible but not likely a regulator problem. Parasitic draw while jeep is off (stuck relay or the like), bad or loose grounding straps, loose hot connection on alternator, something else on front of the engine is slowing down the belt that drives the alternator, or the battery and/or alternator is not as good a you believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The voltage regulator is part of the PCM/ECM, placing a voltage regulator in line can cause lots of problems for the PCM. Possible but not likely a regulator problem. Parasitic draw while jeep is off (stuck relay or the like), bad or loose grounding straps, loose hot connection on alternator, something else on front of the engine is slowing down the belt that drives the alternator, or the battery and/or alternator is not as good a you believe.
THANK YOU!!! I was really Leary
about that (voltage
THANK YOU!!! I was really leary about the voltage regulator It must be something loose etc.. It was running fine and has always been well taken care of!!! We took the alternator and had it tested and the guy said it was good and the battery has good reading too.So it sits in my driveway for me to look at:cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU!!! I was really Leary

about that (voltage

THANK YOU!!! I was really leary about the voltage regulator It must be something loose etc.. It was running fine and has always been well taken care of!!! We took the alternator and had it tested and the guy said it was good and the battery has good reading too.So it sits in my driveway for me to look at:cry:
We'll start over and hopefully find the issue!! thank you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,again...Where would or do I find the stuck relay?
I'm looking for a repair manual or a schematic of the relay system, to see if that's something we can replace or fix ourselfs, or just tale it in to be serviced.

·
Registered
193 Posts
In this forum there are links to full service manuals, a search should turn up several threads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts